27th August 2016, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility required to study M.Tech in IIT/NIT for a candidate with a backlog in B.Tech?

I have completed my B.Tech course with 59% from DTU with 1 backlog (Optional). However, I want to do M.Tech from IIT/NIT. Therefore, I want to know about my eligibility for studying M.Tech with a backlog paper left? Can I opt for it or not? Can you please guide me with the complete information on the same soon?

27th August 2016, 09:10 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility required to study M.Tech in IIT/NIT for a candidate with a backlog in B.Tech?

To be eligible to get admission for pursuing M.Tech course in IIT/ NIT after completion of your B.Tech course with a backlog, you have to appear in GATE examination which is conducted by IIT. By qualifying the GATE entrance examination with good marks, you need to participate in counselling process to get admission in M.Tech course in IIT/ NIT. You should have cleared your backlogs at the time of admission to be eligible to get admission in M.Tech course in IIT/ NIT.
27th August 2016, 11:03 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility required to study M.Tech in IIT/NIT for a candidate with a backlog in B.Tech?

The admission of candidates in Indian Institute of Technology or National Institute of Technology is given through Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

1. Candidates with backlog are eligible to apply for GATE examination but they can not get admission in M.Tech with existing backlog. You will have to clear backlog if you want to pursue M.Tech from IIT or NITs.

Backlog means backlog, it does not matter whether you have backlog in optional or regular subject.

You will have to submit a certificate signed by your Head of Department or Principal of your college to apply for GATE 2017. The online application for GATE 2017 will start from 4th September.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?