10th August 2015, 01:39 AM
Unregistered

Whether I am not eligible to appear in GATE if pursuing B.Tech 6th semester?

Hi Sir,
I have heard that according to new rules of GATE I am unable to appear in 6th semester of B.Tech. This GATE score cannot help me to take admission in M.E./M.Tech course. Is it a correct information?

Related Questions:
  1. For which companies am I eligible after scoring 76.27 in B.Tech upto 6th semester? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. If I clear GATE in 6th semester will it be helpful to take admission in M.E. or M.Tech?
  3. Should I start GATE preparation if pursuing 6th semester of B.Tech(ECE)? Benefits of appearing GATE?
  4. Can I apply for Internship in DLF if pursuing B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 6th semester?
  5. How to do summer internship after 6th semester? I am pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in ECE
  6. What is the opportunity to get into IT? I am pursuing B.E in CS 7th semester
  7. How to prepare for GATE while in 6th semester ECE?
  8. Eligibility to attend TCS on-campus interview for a candidate who has secured 59% in B.Tech 6th semester?
  9. Eligibility to appear in GATE for B.Tech 5th semester student? How can I find out the percentage of GATE scorecard?
  10. How to become a Scientist in ISRO after pursuing 6th semester in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering?
  11. Internship for 6th semester student of MCA?
  12. Am I eligible to apply for Capgemini if having backlog in B.E.(IT) 6th semester?
  13. Procedure and eligibility to apply for Training in BEL for B.E.(ECE) 6th semester student?
  14. How to become a drug inspector in MP? I am pursuing B.Pharm 6th semester
  15. Can I get job in DRDO through GATE being a B.Tech(CSE) 6th semester student?
  16. Am I eligible for campus placement with 58% in B.Tech till 6th semester?
  17. Which topic should I choose for Internship/Training programme among Testing, PHP, Networking, Cloud Computer, and Mobile Salesforce after completing 6th semester of B.Tech?
  18. How can I prepare for GATE if I am a 6th semester engineering ECE student
12th August 2015, 04:44 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether I am not eligible to appear in GATE if pursuing B.Tech 6th semester?

GATE is the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This entrance examination is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology every year. Candidates who want to do master's degree in technology from top engineering colleges of India appear for this exam.

Yes, you can not apply for the GATE exam while pursuing sixth semester of bachelor of technology. The minimum academic qualification required for this exam is that candidates must have done bachelor's degree in technology or engineering from a recognized university. You can also apply for the exam while studying seventh semester which means in final year of engineering.

You can prepare for the next year exam. GATE is computer based test and consists of 65 questions of 100 marks.
12th August 2015, 08:03 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether I am not eligible to appear in GATE if pursuing B.Tech 6th semester?

According to GATE notification those who are in final year or 3rd year of B.Tech are eligible for it. Hence, if you are studying in 6th semester then only you can become eligible.

GATE score is valid for one year that means you have to pass your B.Tech within that time period to make your score count for admission or any PSU job.
13th August 2015, 04:23 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir,
I have heard that according to new rules of GATE I am unable to appear in 6th semester of B.Tech. This GATE score cannot help me to take admission in M.E./M.Tech course. Is it a correct information?
No, you are not eligible for GATE exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then you are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam. You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?