28th April 2015, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

Should I start GATE preparation if pursuing 6th semester of B.Tech(ECE)? Benefits of appearing GATE?

Hi,
I am studying in 6th semester of B.Tech(ECE).
Can I start preparation for GATE from now?
Please tell me about the benefits of giving GATE?
Please reply as soon as possible.

29th April 2015, 07:07 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I start GATE preparation if pursuing 6th semester of B.Tech(ECE)? Benefits of appearing GATE?

Yes, you can start GATE preparation while pursuing your 6th semester of B.Tech (ECE) course. It is the right time to take GATE coaching and prepare for the examination because, the GATE examination will be conducted in the month of January or February every year. So, if you start preparing for GATE examination from your 6th semester of B.Tech (ECE) course, you can appear in GATE examination in 8th semester of your B.Tech (ECE) course.

Benefits of appearing GATE :-
1. With the help of GATE score, you can apply for admission to Master's degree courses like M.E, M.Tech, etc. in Indian Institutions.

2. GATE score is also useful while applying for jobs in Public Sector Undertaking (PSU's) companies like HAL, IOCL, PGCIL, BARC, etc.

3. The validity of GATE score is 3 years.

4. GATE qualified candidates are also eligible for the award of Junior Research Fellowship in CSIR Laboratories and CSIR sponsored projects.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?