21st November 2014, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

Whether M.Sc(Tech) and MS are same courses? What are the subjects taught? Can I opt for Embedded Systems or Wireless Information Science?

Sir, i have applied for MSc.tech that is Master of science(technology) in Manipal University.So my question is that whether MSc.tech and MS same? And which subject should i opt for my masters? Can i opt for Embedded systems or Embedded and wireless or Information science.Am currently doing my BE in Computer Science. Please help sir.

Related Questions:
  1. Which short term courses can be done after B.tech while clearing supplementary exams?
  2. Difference between Robotics and Embedded Systems? Available courses in Robotics? Institutes offering robotics and embedded system courses in Chennai?
  3. Can b.tech computer science students do m.tech in embedded sustems?
  4. What should I do after passing diploma except B.Tech?
  5. Which are the best embedded system institution offering embedded system courses for last 5 years
  6. Which are the courses that I can do in embedded systems? Career prospects in this field?
  7. Which courses to join along with Engineering : J2EE, Embedded Systems, Networkings?
  8. Courses in VLSI and Embedded Systems?
  9. How to do M.Tech in IIT in VLSI and Embedded System Engineering? I have done B.Tech in Electronics and Computer Engineering
  10. What is the scope of embedded system?
  11. Which course is a best choice for me to get Job being a student of EEE course?
  12. Is it useful to do MS in Embedded System? I am doing EEE 3rd year
  13. Embedded Systems scope in India? Should I do Embedded systems course from Cranes varsity institute?
  14. Which are the exams which I can attempt after completing B.Tech ECE?
  15. whats the scope for doing M.E (EMBEDDED SYSTEMS)?
  16. Which is the best short term course after completing B.E ECE?
  17. Scope of Embedded system engineers in India and their average salaries or pay packages -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Which one course should I opt for my summer training- either embedded systems, telecom or java at CDAC, Mohali? I am pursuing B.Tech(2nd year) with ECE stream from Jaipur
31st March 2023, 07:45 PM
NaubiShah

Default Re: Whether M.Sc(Tech) and MS are same courses? What are the subjects taught? Can I opt for Embedded Systems or Wireless Information Science?

M.Sc(Tech) and MS are not the same courses, but they have some similarities. M.Sc(Tech) is a postgraduate degree that focuses on bridging the gap between science and engineering. It is designed to provide students with both theoretical and practical knowledge in various fields such as Computer Science, Electronics, and Communication, etc. On the other hand, MS (Master of Science) is a research-oriented postgraduate degree that provides students with advanced knowledge in a specific field or subject.

Regarding the subjects taught in M.Sc(Tech), it may vary from one institution to another depending on the specialization chosen. However, some common subjects taught in M.Sc(Tech) include programming languages, algorithms, computer organization, database management systems, software engineering, artificial intelligence, machine learning, etc.

In terms of choosing a specialization for your M.Sc(Tech), Embedded Systems and Wireless Information Science are good options, especially given your background in Computer Science. Embedded systems deal with designing and developing computer systems that are embedded in other devices such as cars, medical equipment, and home appliances. Wireless Information Science deals with wireless communication technologies such as cellular networks, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and RFID.

Before choosing a specialization, it is advisable to research the course curriculum, job opportunities, and future prospects in the respective fields. You can also consult with your academic advisor or faculty members to get guidance on choosing the right specialization based on your interests and career goals.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?