31st May 2015, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for campus placement with less than 50% marks in B.Tech?

I have scored 84% in 10th, 72% in 12th, now doing btech in ECE till the end of 5th sem i have a aggregate of 54.6% can i be eligible for on campus placement? Can someone please let me know the information on the same? Please guide me in this.

31st May 2015, 08:53 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for campus placement with less than 50% marks in B.Tech?

You have secured good percentage both in 10th Class and 12th Class. The minimum percentage criteria you are required to meet in order to be eligible is "60% marks and above". i.e.,

@ In 10th Class - Minimum 60% marks and above - You have secured 84% marks

@ In 12th Class - Minimum 60% marks and above - You have secured 72% marks

@ In Graduation - Minimum 60% marks and above - Try to get more than 60% marks by the time you complete 6th or 7th semester

Since you have completed 10th and 12th Classes with good percentages, but still there is a possibility for you to participate in campus recruitment processes. Generally companies visit college campuses during 7th or 8th semester, so make sure you secured 60% marks or more than 60% marks by the time they visit your campus. So I suggest you to concentrate well on studies and score good marks (above 70% marks) to bring aggregate to more than 60% marks in B.Tech.
31st May 2015, 03:11 PM
james hettfield
Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for campus placement with less than 50% marks in B.Tech?

There are many companies out there in which you can get a job. But for getting a job in a top class company, you need to fulfill their eligibility criteria in which you lack in. the reason being that you do not have 60% marks throughout in your academic and these days all the major companies give this their most priority that the candidates they are hiring should be above 60% in their studies.
31st May 2015, 04:07 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible to apply for campus placements without securing 60% marks in aggregate. So, try to secure more marks in upcoming semesters. If you are secured 60% marks in graduation, then you are eligible to apply for TCS, Wipro, Accenture, CTS and HCL Companies. If you are secured 65%-75% marks in aggregate then you are eligible to apply for IBM, Google, Facebook, Infosys, Oracle Corporation, Tally Solutions, SAP and other top MNCs. So, the result is in your hand. If you are not improve yourself upcoming semesters, then definitely you will be worried later.
27th July 2021, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

Hey , I eligible for campus placement with less than 50% in 2
27th July 2021, 10:12 AM
Unregistered

I eligible for campus placement with less than 50% in 12th
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?