1st July 2015, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information about Engineering and Industrial Services profile in TCS? After how much time I can change my Profile?

Hello,
I am a B.Tech EEE passout and got selected in TCS in Engineering and Industrial services profile. I want to know about this profile. I am interested to go in IT sector. But they have given me EIS profile. Please tell me about how much time profile can be changed in TCS?

Related Questions:
  1. Which will be the best option for me to change the job profile to HR by doing MBA course or carrying on with the same profile being a candidate of working as Systems Engineer with TCS from 3 years?
  2. Should I go for MBA with job while working in TCS and completing BBM in HR Specialization? Shall I go for Finance/HR profile?
  3. How can I change my job profile from Electrical Engineering to Safety Engineering?
  4. Doing Software testing course : Can I get a job in software industry with 60% in BE?
  5. How may I get a job in IT sector as a fresher in Aurangabad? I have done my B.Sc with CSE subject and having 1 year computer hardware networking diploma course as well as I passed Microsoft exams papers - 70-680,70-236,70-642,70-640
  6. What is the main criteria and exact functioning of the job?
  7. Which company is better among - TCS and Infotech? What is the job profile and exposure for freshers in these companies?
  8. What is the average percentage required for private jobs in electronics and communication
  9. Is it possible to change my profile to Corporate sector by doing MBA 5 years after the completion of M.A. with History and working in Government Office?
  10. What can individuals and business organizations do in order to achieve a profile that would enhance economic growth for South Africa?
  11. What should I do after completing B.E course? I am studying 3rd year mechanical
  12. When to apply for IBPS exam after completing graduation?
  13. Job profile in TCS for B.Tech(ME) student?
  14. What kind of job is offered in TCS to B.Tech fresher? Company profile of TCS?
  15. Professional courses to make a great career after s.y.bcom?
  16. List of government jobs in which I am eligible after scoring 55% in graduation?
  17. Am I eligible for government job after completing graduation with B.Com?
  18. Help regarding selection of subjects for IAS -- [Most Discussed]
9th April 2023, 06:23 AM
UmangSharmaMumbai

Default Re: Detailed information about Engineering and Industrial Services profile in TCS? After how much time I can change my Profile?

Engineering and Industrial Services (EIS) is a division of TCS that focuses on providing engineering and industrial services to clients across various industries such as manufacturing, energy, utilities, and aerospace. As an EIS employee, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and managing engineering solutions for clients. Your work may involve developing software, designing hardware, managing projects, and providing technical support.

Depending on your role within EIS, you may work on projects that involve automation, robotics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and other emerging technologies. You may also work on projects that involve improving efficiency, reducing costs, and increasing productivity for clients.

As for changing your profile within TCS, it is possible to do so after a certain period of time. However, the exact time frame and process may vary depending on the policies of your specific division and your manager. It is best to discuss this with your manager and HR representative to understand the options available to you.
9th April 2023, 06:34 AM
SheldonPatrickEverson

Default Re: Detailed information about Engineering and Industrial Services profile in TCS? After how much time I can change my Profile?

Engineering and Industrial Services (EIS) is a profile offered by TCS that involves providing engineering and technology services to clients in industries such as automotive, aerospace, energy, and utilities. EIS professionals work on a range of projects, from design and development of products to implementation of technology solutions to improve operational efficiency.

As an EEE graduate, this profile may align with your background and skill set. However, if you are interested in pursuing a career in the IT sector, it may not be the ideal profile for you.

In terms of changing your profile in TCS, it is possible to switch to a different profile after completing a minimum tenure in your current role, usually around 18-24 months. However, the availability of open positions and the suitability of your skills and experience for those positions may impact your ability to switch profiles.

If you are interested in transitioning to an IT role in TCS, you can explore opportunities within the company's IT services and consulting practices, such as application development, software engineering, or digital transformation services. You can also discuss your career aspirations with your manager and HR representative to explore options for internal mobility or training and development programs to build new skills.

Overall, while the EIS profile may not align with your immediate career goals, it can provide you with valuable experience and skills that may be transferrable to other roles in the future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?