23rd August 2016, 01:17 AM
ankik

Eligibility for TCS after B.Tech with no backlogs and 80% marks but 6 years gap after completing a diploma course?

I have 6 years gap after completing diploma . Now I am studying B.Tech with no backlogs and I have 80%. Am I eligible for TCS? Please reply me, it's the matter of my career.

29th August 2016, 08:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for TCS after B.Tech with no backlogs and 80% marks but 6 years gap after completing a diploma course?

If you have completed B.Tech with 80% marks, then surely you will be eligible for interviews at TCS for fresher jobs. Selection will be on the basis of performance in interview.

Hence, just complete your B.Tech with good marks and appear for campus interview or off campus interview, if your college doesn't conduct campus.
31st August 2016, 11:28 PM
Sam James

Post Re: Eligibility for TCS after B.Tech with no backlogs and 80% marks but 6 years gap after completing a diploma course?

Two issues are there in your case.

1. You must give reasonable explanation for 6 year gap in your career.

2. You should make sure that your age is under the limit TCS keep for recruitment. If it is on-campus recruitment then it is fine. If it is off-campus please make sure that your age is confirming to their eligibility criterion.
1st September 2016, 02:34 PM
adityasingh89

Default Re: Eligibility for TCS after B.Tech with no backlogs and 80% marks but 6 years gap after completing a diploma course?

Generally TCS don't take candidates having more than 2 years gap in Studies, but if you think you can influence HR in interview but definitely be honest and tell them that you have gap, also tell a valid reason even if they don't ask, then you can give it a try.
Percentage criteria varies from minimum 60% to 70% according to no of candidates required.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?