19th February 2015, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

How to appear for campus placement if I am a engineering student from 3rd year Electrical?

Hi,

I am an engineering student from third year(Electrical). I wish to appear for campus placement.

Please tell me how should I study for the aptitude test,which books should i refer(for English as well as Maths) and what all extra things should i work on.
If possible please give me tips for cracking the HR interview round also.

Reply is eagerly awaited.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I prepare fr campus placement? I am a student of B.E 3rd year
  2. Can I get a god job through off campus? I am a 3rd year electrical engineering student
  3. Can a 3rd year B.Tech student apply for on and off campus placement?
  4. Should a IT graduate (Aggregate-68% upto 3rd year) student go for post graduation or just opt for campus placement in MNCs?
  5. How to do summer internship if I am a student of 3rd year electrical engineering?
  6. What's the eligibility criteria for campus placement? I'm a DME final year student
  7. Campus placement or MS: better option after Aerospace engineering to work with NASA?
  8. How to prepare for campus placement? I'm in 3rd year EEE
  9. Previous year Placement Papers of Essar?
  10. Am I eligible for Campus Placement of Infosys having secured 64% in 10th, 66% in 12th and 68% in B.Tech up to 3rd year of B.Tech?
  11. What should I do after completing my B.Tech in Electrical Engineering? I am a 3rd year electrical engineering student
  12. Eligibility to appear in Accenture on-campus interview with mentioned percentages in overall academics?
  13. Am I eligible for Campus Placement of Infosys having secured 58% in 10th and 70% upto 3rd year of B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Details about placement procedure. How many steps are in campus placement?
  15. How to approach off campus placements?
  16. Am I eligible for IBM placement with 60% above throughout studies?
  17. Procedure to apply for Internship in HAL, Bangalore to B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) 3rd year student?
  18. Am I eligible for campus placement in Infosys after scoring 71% in 10th, 67% in 12th and 64% in B.Tech?
24th March 2015, 01:33 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to appear for campus placement if I am a engineering student from 3rd year Electrical?

It is nice to see that you are looking forward to prepare for the campus placements right from the third year. Since you are in the third year of engineering, so you have ample amount of time to work on your weak points and prepared for the next year campus placements.

- The first step to success in campus placement is a written test which consists of general aptitude and verbal ability. Thus you need to study these and solve questions. For aptitude, you should start with RS Agarwal Quantitative Aptitude and then solve questions online or switch to other books like Arun Sharma's Quantitative Aptitude. For logical reasoning, book by RSAgarwal is enough.
- English is very important. Hence you need to be crystal clear of grammar and work upon your vocabulary. For this, Word Power Made Easy is an excellent book. You can go for spoken English training classes if you are not good at verbal skills.
- Since most of the placements are given by IT Companies so you need to practice basic programming and c questions.
- Solve previous years papers of different companies especially the ones which come to your college.
- You can practice group discussions with friends by picking random current trending topics.
- Lastly during the end of your third year, study your domain well and maintain a good cgpa and also have a reading on the latest technologies.
- See online videos of hr interviews and start preparing answers to common hr questions which are widely available online.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?