11th September 2021, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

How to get job in merchant navy if I am studying BE in mechanical engineering?

How to get job in merchant navy,I'm studying B.E in mechanical engineering final year.

merchant navy is government job (or) private job.

what is the starting salary package for fresher,and which post will I get.

THANK YOU,

Please Reply me fast.

14th September 2021, 07:35 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get job in merchant navy if I am studying BE in mechanical engineering?

How to get a job in the merchant navy if I am studying BE in mechanical engineering?

1. The eligibility for joining the merchant navy is finishing class 12 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
2. Candidates have to be unmarried Indian citizens (male or female).
3. Normal vision is required but glasses up to plus or minus 2.5 may be allowed.
15th September 2021, 04:47 PM
Dip Mali
Junior Member+

Default Re: How to get job in merchant navy if I am studying BE in mechanical engineering?

All you need is a one year specialized course.

A one year Graduate Marine Engineering (GME) course after mechanical engineering would give students the licence to enter merchant navy.

This one year GME course is all you need to become a marine engineer after doing mechanical engineering.
15th September 2021, 05:59 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

°°° To get job in merchant you need is a one year specialized course. A one year Graduate Marine Engineering (GME) course after mechanical engineering would give students the licence to enter merchant navy.

This one year GME course is all you need to become a marine engineer after doing mechanical engineering.
15th September 2021, 08:37 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° Of course, you can join Merchant Navy after completing bachelor of engineering in mechanical four years degree course.
Candidates who have completed Bachelor of Technology in mechanical/electrical/technology can see various jobs in the Merchant Navy.
You can simply apply for the job and if selected by the company it would arrange a pre sea course in Marine Engineering for you.

The course has the duration of 9 months and it can be pursued MERI. It is mandatory for the candidates who have completed BTech in mechanical/electrical/technology to undergo through this course.
15th September 2021, 09:17 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Procedure get job in merchant navy after studying BE in mechanical engineering:-

If you are a graduate in mechanical engineering then the only way you can join in the Merchant Navy is that you opt for the graduate Marine engineering course. For this you have to appear in an entrance examination conducted by Indian Maritime University.

After selection you have to undergo a pre-sea training.

For more details you can visit http://imu.ti.nic.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?