14th February 2013, 03:44 PM
rohi.rose

How to join Merchant Navy after pursuing mechanical engineering final year

hello...sir this is rohit persuing (mech engg) final year,will you tell me how to join merchant navy after engg...for what different posts can i apply.please tell in brief thank you....

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join Merchant Navy being a candidate pursuing final year of EEE and at an age of 19 years? How to apply for Merchant Navy?
  2. Do I need to any other course to join Merchant Navy after completing Mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  3. Can a Mechanical Engineering B.Tech student apply for Merchant Navy? Will the course suit the Mechanical Engineers?
  4. Procedure to join Merchant Navy after pursuing B.Tech?
  5. Guidance to join Merchant Navy being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Com?
  6. Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How can I join Merchant Navy after passing B.E Mechanical?
  8. Best institutes for doing Merchant Navy after B.Tech Mechanical Engineering? Date of the entrance exams?
  9. Can I join Merchant Navy directly after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  10. I am 26 year and 3 months old(BE Mechanical) : Can I join Merchant Navy? Procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  11. How to join merchant navy after completing B.Tech in mechanical engineering?
  12. How to join Merchant Navy after completing diploma in mechanical engineering from Mumbai University
  13. How to join Merchant Navy after completing graduation? I am a 3rd year mechanical engineering student
  14. What is the procedure to join merchant navy?
  15. Is it possible join Merchant Navy on Deck side after completing Mechanical Engineering?
  16. How to join Merchant Navy after diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  17. How can I join Merchant navy after pursuing B.Tech
  18. Required Eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy after completion of Graduation in Mechanical Engineering?
21st August 2017, 08:45 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to join Merchant Navy after pursuing mechanical engineering final year

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohi.rose View Post
hello...sir this is rohit persuing (mech engg) final year,will you tell me how to join merchant navy after engg...for what different posts can i apply.please tell in brief thank you....

As you want to join merchant navy, then you have to undergo short term pre sea training. Here below are details regarding joining merchant navy after bachelors in mechanical engineering:-

List of Courses after B.Tech Mechanical Engineering to join Merchant Navy:-

1). Pre sea course for general purpose rating.

2). Pre sea course for saloon rating.

3). Pre sea course for deck rating.

4). Pre sea course for engine rating.

>> Duration of these pre sea training courses is from 4 months to 6 months.

>> So go for these pre sea training courses and then join merchant navy. Here below are list of government recognized institutes offer pre sea training courses:-

List of Institutes Offer Pre Sea Training for Merchant Navy:-

1). Lal Bhadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies and Research.(Mumbai).

2). Training Ship Chanakya.(Navi Mumbai).

3). Marine Engineering and Research Institute.(Kolkata).

4). Marine Engineering and Research Institute.(Mumbai).

Job options after pre sea training courses:-

>> Ship Rating.

>> Purser.

>> Radio Officer.

>> Engineering Officer.

>> Deck Officer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?