25th May 2016, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

How much CGPA do I need in 3rd year of B.Tech so that I can get placed?

I am aditya and i came to B.tech 3rd year ECE in SRM university. my gpa in my 1st year and 2nd year are very less. Overall aggregate cgpa for first 2 years is 5.5. Am afraid that it would affect me during my placement time. My 10 class and 1 and 2 percentage is 85%. I want to get a placed in campus placement. How much cgpa should i get in the 3rd year so that i can placement easily in the 4th year.? Plz tell me. can i get placed in following companies:

INFOSYS
WIPRO
GOOGLE
TCS
MICROSOFT
AND ALL OTHER COMPANIES LIKE ACCENTURE

my communication skills and aptitude reasoning is good.

Related Questions:
  1. What is valid CGPA required for doing PhD in engineering?
  2. How to do extra course after completing B.Tech? I am a B.Tech final year student with CGPA
  3. How much CGPA do I need in 3rd year of B.Tech so that I can get placed? -- [New]
  4. What's the eligibility criteria for doing MS(automotive design/aerodynamics) from Germany? Do internships and CGPA matters in admission? I'm a B.Tech(mechanical engineer) 3rd year student
  5. How can I get job after completing my B.Tech, I have scored 7.2 CGPA upto 3rd year?
  6. Procedure to apply for Internship in Wipro for B.Tech(CSE) 3rd year student?
  7. Am I eligible for Infosys or not?
  8. Am I eligible for any campus interviews after scoring 78% in ICSE, 94% in inter, 6.8 B.Tech CGPA?
  9. Which company should I prefer with 7.5 CGPA in 3rd year?
  10. Can I appear for GATE and PSU if I score 6.8 CGPA while in 3rd year electrical engineering? Are there any other options for me?
  11. How to join core companies after doing 3rd year mechanical engineering?
  12. Got 7.1 CGPA score : Am I eligible for TCS test? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Procedure to get scholarship after 9.2 CGPA in 10th class and currently pursing B.Com 3rd year?
  14. Possibility to study MS(Architecture) in Abroad for Civil 3rd year student with 7 CGPA?
  15. Can one attend IBM recruitment with 6.97 CGPA in B.Tech? Will my CGPA round off to 7?
  16. Am I eligible to join Wipro having secured 53% in 10th, 62% in 12th and 7 CGPA in B.Tech being a 3rd year student?
  17. How to get Internship in top Companies being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  18. Am I eligible to do MS in USA after scoring 75% in 12th and 10th? I am doing B.Tech 3rd year with 6.5 CGPA
31st May 2016, 12:52 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: How much CGPA do I need in 3rd year of B.Tech so that I can get placed?

You are in the third year of B.Tech course and have an overall aggregate CGPA is 5.5 for the first two years. You want to know how CGPA required in third year to become eligible for placement drive in the final year of your B.Tech course.

>>Normally for getting eligible in companies such as TCS, INFOSYS, WIPRO etc you have to score an aggregate of 6.5 CGPA till the third year. If you are unable to achieve till the third year, then you are not eligible for attending the campus or off campus drive of these companies. So you have to score more than 8 CGPA in third year so that your aggregate CGPA reached to level of 6.5

>>So in my opinion you have try your best to improve your CGPA in this year to obtain at least 6.5 CGPA aggregate this year. For this you have to focus more on third year subjects.
31st May 2016, 08:27 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much CGPA do I need in 3rd year of B.Tech so that I can get placed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am aditya and i came to B.tech 3rd year ECE in SRM university. my gpa in my 1st year and 2nd year are very less. Overall aggregate cgpa for first 2 years is 5.5. Am afraid that it would affect me during my placement time. My 10 class and 1 and 2 percentage is 85%. I want to get a placed in campus placement. How much cgpa should i get in the 3rd year so that i can placement easily in the 4th year.? Plz tell me. can i get placed in following companies:

INFOSYS
WIPRO
GOOGLE
TCS
MICROSOFT
AND ALL OTHER COMPANIES LIKE ACCENTURE

my communication skills and aptitude reasoning is good.
Your CGPA marks is 5.5, so you are not eligible for maximum software companies.

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for Infosys, Wipro, Accenture, TCS, Microsft and Google are,

Wipro = 50%(B.Tech =60%)

Accenture, TCS, =60%

Microsoft, Google and Infosys=70%

You should not have any pending backlogs.

Candidates having more than two year gap throughout the studies are not eligible for Infosys, Wipro, Accenture, TCS, Microsft and Google recruitment.
31st May 2016, 11:30 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

You need to work really hard to compensate your low percentage in your B.Tech course to be eligible for most of the companies in the upcoming placement drives in 4th year of engineering course. Usually the eligibility criteria is 60%. Since you have a CGPA of 5.5, so you need to uplift it to 6 in order to be eligible for almost all the companies like Infosys, TCS, Wipro, Accenture, etc. You need to study well and at least score 7 CGPA in your third year to raise your CGPA to 6 and be eligible for most of the companies in the following year to come.
23rd August 2017, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

I am sushma,and i have73% upto my 2nd year ,10th with 88% and 12th with 92%
Can you please tell that I'm eligible to which companies
18th June 2019, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

I am seetaram studying in Aditya engineering college I have 6.5 CGPA upto 6th semester, 10th 9.7GPA and inter 83% can I eligible to the companies
19th June 2019, 08:06 PM
kidzeee
Senior Member+

A CGPA of 8.0 and above is considered good from company’s point of view.

Most companies want to hire the top 10% to 15% students of the batch. So they set these requirements for CGPA greater than 8.0 . Since the CGPA is in your hands, you should make every effort to maintain it throughout your graduation.

This will be your best preparation for facing campus interviews.
27th April 2020, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

How to make 10 cgpa in srm in 6 semester
24th March 2022, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

Currently I am at the end of 2nd year having CGPA of 5.9 so how much CGPA is required in 3rd and 4th year to get campus placement?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?