22nd January 2016, 07:41 AM
Unregistered

Is Jounalism a good job profile for females after studying B.Com?

I am currently pursuing second year bcom. And i am thinking about taking up journalism as a career next. So i want to know if this job is good for me being a females. Please help.

22nd January 2016, 11:25 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Jounalism a good job profile for females after studying B.Com?

Yes it is a good opportunity for females also to become journalist because journalist in India are highly demanding.
If you are keenly interested to pursue this course you should definitely pursue.
But remember that you should have good communication skills and able to express your thoughts and feelings in front of others with full confidence.

You can pursue post graduation courses in journalism in such as:
MA in journalism
MA in photojournalism
MA in mass communication

Top universities which conduct test are Symbiosis Institute of mass communication
Asian College of journalism
Xavier Institute of Communication
Indian Institute of journalism and mass media
22nd January 2016, 02:30 PM
kantraman

Yes journalism is a good job profile for female.As you are the student of B.Com 2nd year so beside this do part time one year certificate journalism with this your B.Com will also complete as your graduation complete then afer you may apply for PG jounralism.
22nd January 2016, 03:52 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, journalism is a good field to pursue your career being a female.

Journalism is fastest growing field in present generation and it serves as bridge of communication between people and news. It is interesting and challenging field where one has to interview, research and collect facts among various things.

The person who is in the field of journalism is referred as journalists. A journalist should have logical thinking, proactive mind, confident, patience, effective communication skills etc..,

Being a female it is good option to choose journalism as a career. After completion of B.Com you can enter into the journalism field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?