15th February 2016, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

What type of opportunities are there after completing B.Tech mechanical engineering?

Sir/Mam,

I am prudviraj iam completed my b-tech in mechanical branch with the percentage of 74.9%.i am not able to understand how i got a job in core side job.i am trying in so many companies for job purpose .every company need a some reference to get a job.in my family i am the first person to completing my engineering.no is there to guide me.plese help me to get a job in mechanical core side.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get jobs after completing Mechanical engineering with 55%?
  2. Job opportunities for mechanical engineering after completing mechanical engineering?
  3. What kind of job opportunities I will get after completing Aeronautical engineering?
  4. In which entrance exam I have to appear for studying M.Tech in Germany? Total expenses and job opportunities after completing M.Tech?
  5. What type of courses to do after completing Mechanical Engineering in order to join IT company?
  6. After completing diploma in plastic technical will I be able to do B.Tech in Mechanical engineering
  7. What are the job opportunities after completing 4 years B.E Mechanical?
  8. Can I do Diploma on Boilers being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering? What Job Opportunities can I get in coming days?
  9. Am I eligible to get government job after completing B.Tech Mechanical
  10. What type of company can I join after pursuing B.Tech in mechanical engineering?
  11. Opportunities available in USA after completing B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering?
  12. How to get a job in Railway after completing B.tech in electrical engineering? Previous years question papers and job opportunities
  13. What are the opportunities in USA after completing B.Tech in agricultural engineering?
  14. What are the opportunities in Mechanical Engineering field? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Can I study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  16. How to do MS in Piping after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
  17. How to become a scientist after passing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering? I have passed 6th semester in mechanical engineering with 75% marks
  18. Eligibility to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering?
15th February 2016, 10:32 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What type of opportunities are there after completing B.Tech mechanical engineering?

The best thing you can do to take good job in core mechanical companies is to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. GATE is conducted every year by IIT or IISC for admission in M.Tech course but in recent scenario all major Public Sector Undertakings like NTPC, BHEL, SAIL, ONGC etc have started short listing candidates for interview and recruitment purpose on basis of GATE scorecard.

If you manage to secure top rank well within 500 of your stream all over India, you will be definitely called for interview. Based upon your performance interview, you can get job in core mechanical companies without need of any reference.

There are various other entrance exams for which you can apply based on your GATE preparation like Railway Recruitment Board Senior Engineer exam, Indian Engineering Services exam etc.
16th February 2016, 12:04 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What type of opportunities are there after completing B.Tech mechanical engineering?

You can apply for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering for core company jobs for mechanical engineers in different undertakings like National Thermal Power Corporation, Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited etc.

Other than this, you can get into core sector by clearing one of the most toughest entrance exam Indian Engineering Services exam. You can apply for Recruitment test of private company to get job.
16th February 2016, 12:58 AM
xiomi china

To get the core job, you should apply in the core company of the mechanical sector.
Some of the core company are:

1. Eicher.
2. Tata Motors.
3. Mahindra.

*** These are the core company you can join. You will get good salary.
16th February 2016, 01:07 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Mechanical Engineering is one of the highly demanded branch of engineering .

You can work in various industries like transport, defense, manufacture, design, research, management, marketing, aerospace vehicles and automobile industries etc. You can get job in computer industries, communication sector, chemical industries, banking sector, automobile industry, aerospace industry, drilling and mining industry, etc.
Mechanical engineers have scope in government sectors as well as private sectors. You can find job in following government companies-

Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC)
Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL)
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and various other PSU

If you want to do job in private companies then you can find job in following companies-
L&T
Hindustan Motors Ltd
Mahindra & Mahindra
Ashok Leyland Ltd
Axles India Ltd
TATA Motors
Jindal Steel
Sundaram-Clayton Ltd
Hyundai Motors India Ltd
Royal Enfield Ltd
Addison & Co Ltd
Tube Investments of India Ltd
Tractor and Farm Equipment (TAFE)
Thermax
Siemens
Suzlon,etc.

GATE is the best option. Apart from this, you can also appear in the off-campus recruitment drives of various private sector companies. Even government companies conduct their own entrance exams for recruitment.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?