9th March 2016, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

Why Rotational Shift is necessary in IT sector?

Hello,
I am a B.Tech(ECE) student. I have a doubts regarding private sector jobs. As I am in my final semester, many of my seniors has been appointed in my IT companies. They have to work in Rotational shifts. So, why this is so necessary to do Rotational shift? I don’t understand about IT sector work. What is the need of working at Rotational shift?

15th March 2016, 01:58 PM
syntel_india
Member+

Default Re: Why Rotational Shift is necessary in IT sector?

If those guys are working in the rotational shift then it means that they are working for production and support domain in that IT company. As production and support guy need to work in rotational view and this is due to support the client and give them service 24x7.

But, if there in development then they need not to work in rotation. So, this is the concept behind the rotational shift in the company.
15th March 2016, 11:26 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why Rotational Shift is necessary in IT sector?

The IT companies have clients mainly from Western countries. Most of the clients are based out of India.Hence to have a proper coordination with the client workers, the timing gets changed. As a result people need to work in shifts. Moreover, various projects need moderation, supervision and maintenance 24*7. Hence workers are needed at various shift timing for proper run of business. Thus, there are rotational shifts. The shift timing usually depends on the client with whom you are working in a particular IT Company from India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?