10th November 2015, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

Which is best among ISC and Kerala State Board for studying 12th standard?

Hi,
Right now I have completed my 10th from ICSE Board in Kerala. I am opting for Engineering, so should I continue in ISC or change to State Board for 12th?
I have heard that State Board is good for getting marks in 12th while ISC is best for entrance exams. So which should I opt for

Related Questions:
  1. Will I be able to shift in ISC 12th standard after studying intermediate from Andhra Pradesh State Board of Intermediate?
  2. Shifting from Andhra Pradesh State Board to ISC in 12th standard is possible? Will it be beneficial for engineering entrance exams?
  3. Is it difficult to study 11th Science of CBSE Board? Benefits to prepare for JEE Main & Advanced? Which is better among Kerala State Board and CBSE Board?
  4. Possibility of transfer from CBSE Board to Kerala State Board for study in 12th standard? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Is ISC board tough than CBSE and other state boards?
  6. Admission procedure to study 12th ISC in Delhi for 11th student of Haryana?
  7. Is it good to change to Kerala state syllabus from CBSE board after 7th standard?
  8. Which Board is best ISC or Gujarat state board?
  9. Possibility to reappear in Board exam if completed 12th ISC about 2 years ago?
  10. Which board is easy among ISC Board and H.S Maharashtra State Board?
  11. Possibility to migrate from ISC Board to 12th CBSE for 11th student?
  12. Admission procedure and cutoff marks required in 12th ISC to study B.Tech in IISER?
  13. Should I transfer to ISC Board from WBBSE after completing 10th to study Engineering?
  14. Possibility to get job for a candidate who has secured 50% in 12th ISC?
  15. Whether the value of ISC marksheet is less than State Board?
  16. Whether good marks can be scored in board exams as well as entrance exams if selecting ISC board?
  17. What are the formalities and advantages/disadvantages to switchover from CBSE board to State board of Gujarat in 11th standard?
  18. Will I considered to be pass if disqualified in Physics Theory of 12th ISC Board exam?
11th November 2015, 06:56 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which is best among ISC and Kerala State Board for studying 12th standard?

The ISC syllabus offers education in a scientific way, the state syllabus gives more importance to practical implication of related subjects. The main difference is that, the former is considered much better than the latter. Students of the ISC have an advantage over the State as the syllabus of the ISC will be the same all over the nation. In case the students transfer from one state to another, the transition will be marginally easier for them. This would not be similar in case of the State syllabus students. It would be difficult for some to adjust to the syllabus of another Government school.
So, my opinion will be that you should opt ISC Board for higher studies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?