11th November 2015, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

How much marks in 12th ISC board is required for BITSAT?

I have got 73% in 12th in ISC board. I have scored 76 in english. I want to know if i stand a chance for BITSAT because of ISC board?

11th November 2015, 02:47 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much marks in 12th ISC board is required for BITSAT?

Marks required in 12th to appear in BITSAT :
  • Candidate must have secured more than 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology combined together.
  • Candidate also have to secure more than 60% marks individually in all subjects.
11th November 2015, 04:47 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

BITSAT stands for the Birla Institute of Technology Science Aptitude Test. The eligibility criteria for this exam is that candidate must have scored at least 75% aggregate in 10+2 board exams and 60 marks each in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

English must be compulsory subject in 10+2. Since you have aggregate of 73%, you are not eligible for the BITSAT exam.
11th November 2015, 05:56 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

I am sorry to say you that you are not eligible to sit for BITSAT as the required criteria to be eligible for BITSAT is that a candidate should have scored a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate in class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Physics, Chemistry and Biology as a subject.
11th November 2015, 08:53 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

It is difficult to state whether you are eligible for BITSAT or not since there is no adequate information provided in your query. This is because for BITSAT, aggregate score in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology is taken into account as well as individual score in each subjects. You need to have at least 75% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology as well as 60% in each subjects with adequate proficiency in English. The higher the percentage the better is the chance.
11th November 2015, 09:01 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

BITS is one of the India's best technical institute and to get the admission in the institute candidates have to qualify in the BITSAT examination.

The eligibility criteria to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board.
* Candidates must have 75% in PCM with at least 60 in each of them.

So, other than the marks in English you also need to fulfil the above criteira to appear for the examination. The examination is conducted online and candidates after qualifying are eligible to get the admission in the BITS.

For more information about the examination visit at the http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?