10th May 2015, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

Is it good to change to Kerala state syllabus from CBSE board after 7th standard?

My son is studying in 7th standard in CBSE school. I like to transfer him in to Kerala state syllabus. Is it good for him? or it's better to continue in CBSE syllabus itself? Can you please provide me the advice for the same? Waiting to hear from you all with good suggestions!

11th May 2015, 03:11 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it good to change to Kerala state syllabus from CBSE board after 7th standard?

Yes, if you wish to transfer your child to Kerala State board, there is no harm in it, Kerala state board has its own perks like the education system that is provided in Kerala state board is quite good as compared to many other reputed boards.

However, continuing studies in State board will also prove to be beneficial for your child as CBSE board prepares the child for almost every entrance examination during the schooling periods itself, the reason behind it is that the syllabus and pattern followed in many reputed entrance examination follows CBSE pattern.

So, in my opinion you should better eave you child to continue his studies being in CBSE board itself.
11th May 2015, 10:02 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Is it good to change to Kerala state syllabus from CBSE board after 7th standard?

off-course its better to continue in CBSE syllabus ,Central Board of Secondary education provides a quality of education as compared to any other Board in India ,CBSE is Central Board while State bards is with in your state ,

Syllabus and Study pattern is compatible with any entrance exams in India like All India Engineering Entrance Exams , All India Pre Medical Test , any university entrance test etc because some of the exams are also conducted by CBSE like AIEEE and AIPMT

You can easily find CBSE schools anywhere in India if you got any transfer in any other city or state ,CBSE board is reputed ,well known Board in India
11th May 2015, 10:28 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it good to change to Kerala state syllabus from CBSE board after 7th standard?

Yes, you can transfer from CBSE Board syllabus to Kerala Board syllabus after completion of your 7th standard. To get admission in Kerala Board school, you need to obtain a transfer certificate from your previous school and you need to submit it new school where you wish to take admission in new school. Along with Transfer Certificate, you need to submit your 7th standard examination marks sheet and you need to complete entire admission procedure to get admission in 8th standard in Kerala Board school.
11th May 2015, 03:10 PM
MECHANICAL POWER

According to me yes, it is good to change from CBSE board to Kerala state syllabus after 7th standard.
Kerala state board is also is a good board.
If you are a good student then their is no matter in which board you are studying.

Tips:- Just focus on your study.
12th May 2015, 12:58 AM
james hettfield
Member+

It is always better to get the education from a board which is recognized nationally and internationally. Therefore, if your child is facing no problem in the CBSE board then you should not compel him/her to change the board as CBSE has always been a prestigious board of the country and as it is such a prestigious board, the curriculum and syllabus is also well designed and well defined.
13th October 2017, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

I wish to transfer my son who is in 8th Std CBSE in Tamilnadu to a state board school in Kerala. But he is having Tamil as II language here. Is malayalam a compulsory language in Kerala? Is it applicable for students from outside the state also? Please advice
20th October 2017, 10:35 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Yes there is no problem to change Board from CBSE to kerela board. Kerela board is highly reputed and quite good board among all the board of India.

A candidate will require following documents at the time of admission in another school-
Transfer certificate.
Mark sheet.
1st November 2017, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

No.. In kerala govt. Schools, you can choose Tamil as second language, and other subjects in English.. But you have to choose such schools having Tamil medium..
11th January 2019, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of class 11 studying in a cbse school. I want to study in a state school. Is it possible to transfer to any state schools for 12th?
14th March 2019, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

I am confused about the selection of board after 10 th standard
My daughter is completing her 10 th in cbse syllabus
After 10 th is it advisable to change to Kerala state syllabus?
What are the merits and demerits in this?
Eagerly awaiting for your reply
16th May 2019, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

Is it good in future when we change from cbse to kerala syllabus after 10th class?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?