3rd June 2016, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

Best book for ISC 12th exam preparation? Are NCERT books good for ISC exam?

I am student of class 12th from ISC board. I wish to score above 95% marks in ISC board exam. So, I want to know the best book for ISC board preparation. Is NCERT book is good to gain good marks in ISC board exam?

6th June 2016, 09:37 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Best book for ISC 12th exam preparation? Are NCERT books good for ISC exam?

You have not mentioned from which stream you belong. You must mention the stream also.
However I have mentioned some of the good Books to study, have a look over it.

For Science Stream:-

Moderns ABC of Chemistry, Class XII by Modern Publishers
Advanced Problems in School Physics by Cengage LearningIndia
Trueman's Elementary Biology by K.N. Bhatia and M.P. Tyagi
Mathematics XII by R.D. Sharma
Books by Arihant Publications in Mathematics that include Integral Calculus, Differential Calculus and Algebra
Modern Geometry by Durrel, M.A.

For Commerce Stream:-

Introductory Micro Economics, NCERT book
Macro Economics, NCERT Book
Accountancy for Class XII by Banerjee

For Humanities:-

Together with History Class XII by Dolly Haryal
Political Science (Class XII) by Namrata Singh

Yes, definitely NCERT Books are very good for ISC Boards which helps to score good percentage of marks in Board Examinations.
6th June 2016, 10:30 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Best book for ISC 12th exam preparation? Are NCERT books good for ISC exam?

NCERT books are best books to clear your basics and concepts of each and every topic related to exam. Once you are finished with NCERT books and its exercises you can prefer to read other books such as Dinesh, ABC modern, Pradeep, HC Verma etc. Most important part of the preparation of your board exams is to practice previous year question papers as much as you can. Practice weekly mock test online. Most important thing is to listen to your teacher's carefully and make notes.
7th June 2016, 08:30 AM
onemdindus

Best books for ISC 12th exam preparation

You can refer to the books of the following author for your preparation:-
  • O.P. Malhotra
  • S.K Gupta
  • Anupathi Gangal
  • S.Chand
  • Arihant
7th June 2016, 10:10 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, as far as my knowledge is concerned NCERT books are good enough to secure good marks in ISC Examination. Here are the best books for ISC 12th Exam Preparation.

>> For Physics - To develop Fundamentals (H.C Verma)

* Nootan Physics

>> For Mathematics - S L Loney, Hall and Knight and Arihant Publication

* M.L.Agarwal - Very Good Book

>> For Chemistry - NCERT Books

* Nootan Chemistry book is recommended
8th June 2016, 12:59 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am student of class 12th from ISC board. I wish to score above 95% marks in ISC board exam. So, I want to know the best book for ISC board preparation. Is NCERT book is good to gain good marks in ISC board exam?
Best book for ISC 12th exam preparation::

15 Sample Question Papers ISC Mathematics Class 12th Paperback (English) 2nd Edition Arihant Experts
ISBN13: 9789351766674 ISBN10: 9351766675
Author: Arihant Experts
Publisher: Arihant Publishing

ISC Chapterwise Solved Papers PHYSICAL EDUCATION class 12th Arihant Experts
ISBN10 : 9352033361
Language : English
Author : Arihant Experts

There is no much difference between the two boards. It is advisable to prepare for ISC board exams from your school notes and reference books.
18th June 2018, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

Since i'm in ISC school im asking this. Im in class 11 getting ready to appear for board exam in 12 some teachers prefering ncert books while some for ISC what should we follow. Is it ok to follow ncert. Will it affect the board exam. If yes please suggest some books.
19th October 2020, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

I am preparing for my ISC NEET 2021... for physics and chemistry is Nootan physics (Kumar.Mittal ) & Nootan chemistry( Dr.H.C Srivastava) enough ? Or should I study NCERT books ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?