11th June 2016, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

Which board is better for entrance exam preparation CBSE or state board?

Some people say studying in state board school helps in cracking entrance exams while some people say studying in CBSE school is a better option. Is it true?

Related Questions:
  1. Process to change board in class 10th from CBSE to State Board?
  2. Which board is better in terms of syllabus - CBSE or STATE BOARD?
  3. Possibility to do 12th with CBSE Board after completion of 11th from State Board? Benefits of studying with CBSE Board?
  4. What is the value of doing in state and CBSE board? Which would be better to join IIT in future?
  5. Which board is better for entrance exam preparation CBSE or state board? -- [New]
  6. Which board is better between CBSE Board and Andhra Pradesh State Board?
  7. Can I secure 10 CGPA in Board exam if didn't score well in 10th CBSE Summative-I exam? Benefits of studying in CBSE Board over State Board?
  8. Which one to choose between state board and CBSE board? Do companies give importance to CBSE board students during selections? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Is it right to give preference to Maharashtra State Board instead of CBSE?
  10. Is it good for one to transfer from CBSE syllabus to Kerala state syllabus?
  11. Should I study any other book in 10th standard apart from NCERT?
  12. Which board is suitable after completion of 10th standard in state board?
  13. Which board will be better - CBSE or state board?
  14. What are the formalities and advantages/disadvantages to switchover from CBSE board to State board of Gujarat in 11th standard?
  15. What is the procedure followed to change from CBSE board to the other state board?
  16. Is it difficult to study 11th Science of CBSE Board? Benefits to prepare for JEE Main & Advanced? Which is better among Kerala State Board and CBSE Board?
  17. Comparison between State board and CBSE higher secondary in Tamilnadu?
  18. Difference between CBSE and State Board?
11th June 2016, 06:27 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which board is better for entrance exam preparation CBSE or state board?

CBSE is better as far as entrance examination papers pattern and syllabus is concerned as the syllabus and examination pattern of various entrance examination is adopted from CBSE board.

Therefore, if you are opting for CBSE board it is good for you also candidates studying under state board, need not worry about the entrance as there is not too much difference between boards, you can even score well in your entrance examination having studied under state board.
11th June 2016, 07:14 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which board is better for entrance exam preparation CBSE or state board?

There is nothing like this and it is all about rumor as candidates of all different board are able to qualify in different entrance examination.

So, no doubt you can pursue your course from any board and prepare for entrance examination which you want to appear.

The syllabus for almost all the board are now similar. It all depends on your preparation level to qualify in any respective examination.
11th June 2016, 10:59 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Let me make you clear that it doesn't depend whether you have studied from State Board of CBSE board what depends is your basic understanding of concepts. But still CBSE board has more advantage as most of the competitive exams are conducted by CBSE now a days.
Keep your focus to clear your basics and it would be easier for you to crack any type of entrance exam.
11th June 2016, 11:18 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

As per my knowledge Central Board of Secondary Education is best board for cracking the entrance exam whether conducted by State or All India. It is so because most of the competitive exams are conducted by CBSE. Hence students get an idea about the syllabus and questions in the entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?