6th March 2016, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

Is it right to give preference to Maharashtra State Board instead of CBSE?

My children are studying under Central Board Education in different Schools in Maharashtra. One of my child is in 9th Standard. And i want to change his school and make him join another school under Maharashtra state board. So kindly tell me if this is right to do or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Whether to take admission in CBSE Board or Maharashtra State Board? Difference betwen both the boards?
  2. Which one to choose between state board and CBSE board? Do companies give importance to CBSE board students during selections? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Which board to choose among CBSE and Maharashtra State Board to study Higher Secondary Education with Science?
  4. Should I have to appear in State Board exams also if pursuing 10th CBSE? Will I get admission only in CBSE Board to study in 11th standard after completing 10th?
  5. Which is better between CBSE and Maharashtra board? Is there any difference between the syllabus of CBSE and Maharashtra
  6. Can I reappear in 12th from CBSE Board after qualifying from State Board?
  7. Should I go for Maharashtra state board students after scoring 74.1% in 10th CBSE?
  8. CBSE or State Board, which is better to study in 11th Science?
  9. Do companies give preference to students who have passed out the CBSE board?
  10. Which Board should I prefer among CBSE and Maharashtra State Board for admission in Nursery?
  11. Which one is more better CBSE or State board? Which will be beneficial for placement?
  12. Conversion from CBSE 11th to Maharashtra state board is possible in 12th?
  13. Which Board should I prefer among CBSE and Maharashtra State Board to study in 11th standard?
  14. Good Maharashtra State Board English medium Schools in Kharghar, Navi Mumbai? State board is worthy enough or should I opt for CBSE?
  15. Should I change board from CBSE to State Board if seeking to prepare for JEE?
  16. Process to change board in class 10th from CBSE to State Board?
  17. Possibility to do 12th with CBSE Board after completion of 11th from State Board? Benefits of studying with CBSE Board?
  18. Can I repeat 12th class by changing board from Maharashtra board to CBSE board?
7th March 2016, 12:07 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it right to give preference to Maharashtra State Board instead of CBSE?

For your kind information i want to tell you that there is no difference in the certification value of CBSE board and Maharashtra state board. So my suggestion to you is that until or unless you have any problem, don't go for changing the school board. I am saying this due to the fact that if you change your board from CBSE to state board then you have to prepare your exams with a new pattern. This will take some time to adopt the new exam pattern. Also CBSE board has designed its exam pattern by keeping competitive exams in mind. So in nutshell my suggestion to you is that you should not go for the state board from CBSE.
7th March 2016, 10:28 AM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it right to give preference to Maharashtra State Board instead of CBSE?

CBSE is a Central Board while Maharashtra State board is a state board. These two boards are different from each other in all aspects either it is in terms of study pattern or in terms of reputation.

According to me CBSE is good choice for your child as it is acceptable all around in India and you will never face any problem regarding this board. So CBSE is best for you.
7th March 2016, 11:49 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

It will better if you let your children remain in CBSE board itself as it is better than State boar in various aspects, such as;

> CBSE board is an English medium, that means your child will get well acquainted with English speaking skills.

> Most of the entrance examination nowadays are based on CBSE pattern.

> Co-curricular activities in very much entertained in CBSE education board, etc.

Therefore, it is advisable for you to let your child be in the board they are in.
7th March 2016, 11:53 AM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

No, it is not right to give preference to state board compared to CBSE as CBSE board is better than state board in many ways. It is advisable to you to let your child be in CBSE board if they are studying in it and not to shift to state board.
7th March 2016, 11:27 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

No, it is not a good decision in any case. Central Schools are considered to be one of the best CBSE schools in India. In case of board, CBSE is the best board of India for secondary and higher secondary education.

Let your child study and continue with CBSE board. Marking scheme and academics is better than any board in case of CBSE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?