23rd April 2015, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Which Board should I prefer among ISC and GSEB to pursue Higher Secondary if want to study B.Tech in Gujarat?

Hello,
I am studying in 10th ICSE and I live in Gujarat.
I want to know that in future if I want to do
B.Tech then which Board is suitable for me in between
ISC Board and GSEB Board in Higher Secondary?

24th April 2015, 10:54 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Board should I prefer among ISC and GSEB to pursue Higher Secondary if want to study B.Tech in Gujarat?

I think that it does not matter from which board you have pursued your higher secondary education. The only think that matters is that your board must well recognized. So my suggestion to you is that you can opt any of the two board that you have mentioned. However as GSEB is Gujarat Secondary and higher secondary Education board is a state board so you can easily got good marks in your secondary education with full of your comfort.
24th April 2015, 12:07 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Board should I prefer among ISC and GSEB to pursue Higher Secondary if want to study B.Tech in Gujarat?

Both the boards whether ISC or even the GSEB is better for you . But keeping in reference to another point as you want to complete your B.Tech from Gujarat only . So I am suggesting you to pursue +2 from the GSEB as there is preference given to the state board candidates in there state government colleges . This will help you allot un getting better college in your state with the stream in which you want .

Otherwise you can go with any one both are good and there is no much difference in there syllabus also .

Also you are a resident of Gujarat through this also you are given the preference but do not miss the entrance examination conducted by the state board for the admission in various UG courses .
24th April 2015, 12:14 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Both ISC and GSEB board are good and have more or less same syllabus although they differ by 15-20%. You should go for ISC because :-

- You are doing your 10th from ICSE board, so you are well acquainted with the pattern. Hence there will not be requirement of any adjustment on account of new board.
- ISC is All-India basis unlike GSEB which is basically State basis.
- The entrance exams for B.Tech admission has syllabus which is at par with the ICSE syllabus.
- It is easier to score more in ISC hence your career aggregate percentage will be high.
- English is of better standard in ISC than GSEB which is essential for success in future.
24th April 2015, 12:28 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Both ISC board and GSEB board are offering good quality of education. But, as a student, who want to study B.Tech in Gujarat, it is helpful for you, if you can choose GSEB board, because if you want to study B.Tech in Gujarat, you should appear and qualify the engineering entrance exam, which is conducted by Gujarat government. So, if you can study GSEB board syllabus, you can easily prepare and qualify in Gujarat engineering entrance exam.
24th April 2015, 12:45 PM
aide006

Arrow Re: Which Board should I prefer among ISC and GSEB to pursue Higher Secondary if want to study B.Tech in Gujarat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am studying in 10th ICSE and I live in Gujarat.
I want to know that in future if I want to do
B.Tech then which Board is suitable for me in between
ISC Board and GSEB Board in Higher Secondary?
As you are already aware of ICSE standards please continue with the same in 11th and 12th too. ISC syllabus is far better than GSEB Board. For a professional course like B.Tech the entrance exams like JEE Main question paper will be based mainly on CBSE syllabus which is less tougher than ISC and more tougher than state boards like GSEB.

For decent chances to clear JEE Main exam it will be a good choice to sticking to ICSE board and trust me you will stay far ahead from the normal competition. But you have to take your 11th and 12th very seriously in either boards which you select. It is not going to be easy in any board.

ISC exams are considered tougher but the learning you get and concepts you will build are what matters to crack competitive exams like JEE Main exam. As you already know for seat allocation 12th marks have also became important so not only getting concept you also need to get good marks.

Overall, there is lot of work to be done after selecting your college based on ISC or GSEB of your choice. My sincere suggestion would be ISC because of its rich standards.
24th April 2015, 02:08 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Candidates pass out from both boards are eligible for admission in B.Tech in Gujarat.

You can prefer any of the two board, bur according to me you should opt for GSEB because syllabus of JEE exam and GSEB are much similar.
But Syllabus of ISC board is very different than that of ISC board.

So, as you prepare for GSEB Board, it will be easy for you to prepare for JEE Main exams.

To get admission in B.Tech Course in good college you have to score good marks in JEE Main Exams, for that you have to score good in Board exam also as 40% of 12th score is also considered for JEE score.
And GSEB board is easy to score good marks in 12th board and it will help you to score good in JEE exams.

Best colleges for B.Tech in Gujarat :
  • Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar
  • Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat
  • Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology, Gandhinagar
  • Nirma University- Institute of Technology, Ahmedabad
  • Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University- School of Technology, Gandhinagar
  • Faculty of Technology, Dharmsinh Desai University, Nadiad
  • Government Engineering College, Surat
  • GH Patel College of Engineering and Technology, Anand
  • Government Engineering College, Palanpur
  • Government Engineering College, Bhavnagar
  • Government Engineering College, Bharuch
  • LD College of Engineering, Ahmedabad
  • Ganpat University, Mehsana
  • Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara
  • Government Engineering College, Rajkot
  • Government Engineering College, Godhra
  • Birla Vishvakarma Mahavidyalaya, Anand
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?