11th August 2015, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in 11th CBSE on 10th NIOS basis if failed in 9th CBSE?

Hello,
I have failed in 9th CBSE in Mathematics and have been detained. So, now I want to get admission in NIOS Board of for 10th examination. I want to know that after giving 10th I can get admission in 11th CBSE?

14th August 2015, 12:23 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in 11th CBSE on 10th NIOS basis if failed in 9th CBSE?

Yes, after qualifying in the 10th from the NIOS board which is a recognised board gou are eligible to get the admission in the 11th.

The eligibility to get the admission in the class 11th is candidates must have passed the 10th board examination and percentage as according to the school eligibility for the particular stream. There is no guidelines from the CBSE for the aggregate.

So if you want to pursue you can complete your 10th from the NIOS and even the 12th from NIOS also as there is equal value of both the certificate.

14th August 2015, 04:15 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in 11th CBSE on 10th NIOS basis if failed in 9th CBSE?

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in 12th NIOS or any other board without having actually cleared your 9th standard from a recognized University.

Therefore, first try to clear your 9th standard and then opt for 10th boards.

14th August 2015, 05:51 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Can I get admission in 11th CBSE on 10th NIOS basis if failed in 9th CBSE?

Theoretically yes but practically no means no one schools provides you admission in their school because actually most of schools are not providing admission to NIOS students so in that case i suggests you contact to the school in which you have personal contacts because they will adjust you in their school

Contact to the deputed schools of your city they will surely provides you admission because for them it doesn't matter how many marks you scored in previous class or from which board you passed out. They just wanna fill up their seats nothing else

14th August 2015, 07:02 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission in CBSE 10+1 after completing 10th board examinations from National Institute of Open Schooling. It is also recognized board of India and certificates obtained from NIOS board is valid for admission in any board.

But you must score good marks in 10th board from NIOS so as to get admission in class 11th in any CBSE affiliated schools. There are three streams available in standard 11th, you can choose any one of the depending upon interest and career goal.

1. Science stream: PCM for engineering and other courses, PCB for medical, pharmacy etc.

2. Commerce stream for Chartered accountancy, ICWA course etc.

3. Arts stream.

14th August 2015, 07:51 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, one appear for class 10 from National institute of open schooling (NIOS) after passing class 9th examination.

The NIOS certificates are valid and recognized and at par with other national and state education boards.

But, one has less probability of chances for getting seat in class 11 again in CBSE being passed from NIOS board.

It is advisable to study again in class 9 from CBSE board.

15th August 2015, 08:30 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Yes, you can get admission in 11th in CBSE schools after passing 10th from NIOS board even if you have failed in 9th standard in CBSE.
At the time of admission , you will have to provide the documents of 10th standard such as
-Admit Card
-Mark Sheet
-Character Certificate
-Migration Certificate.

Migration Certificate is necessary for admission in CBSE schools.
There are mainly 3 streams such as Science, Commerce and arts are available for the students to choose from.

15th August 2015, 01:53 PM
newmoon06

NIOS is a National Institute of Open Schooling. It is a highly reputed and recognized board. You can admission in class 11th after passing 10th from NIOS. You would have three choices in class 11th. You must have to score good marks in class 10th to get admission in science stream.
If you will go through science stream then, PCM- you can go through technical field and PCB- you can go through medical field.
If you will go through commerce stream then, you can choose banking, management etc.
If can also choose arts stream.

17th July 2019, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

Can i get admission in 11th class if i failed 10th class but am passed 10th class nios board priyanka

27th April 2022, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

If my child complete her tenth from NIOS and she can take admission in cbse board how much percentage need for cbse board

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?