25th November 2013, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in 11th standard?

My son cleared his 10th exam with 64%,but same school denied to give him admission in 11th with science and math,my son is doing study in this school since last 10 years.what are the options,is school can take these decision that student should decide their future with school choice.can we take any legal action against school.

13th January 2014, 10:06 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Can I get admission in 11th standard?

It's a hard truth that schools have their own eligibility criteria for moving to 11th and 12th grade even when the student is from the same school.

It's possible that you can take legal actions on them but I don't see it worth any of it because even when you do that the school will always have a black mark on your son when going into higher secondary.

The better thing to do now is to meet the principal and talk with them asking about the reason for not taking in your son and if they say that they need to good result and things like that then probably you can just tell them that you'r son can do it better in the coming years and if that doesn't seems to help then it's better to move on to some new school which is a real school where they teach students and not some scientists.

Taking legal actions against the school doesn't make any sense as it will always end in jeopardy, so it's better to move out and find out a good school for your son as this school doesn't deserve anything at all when they neglect a kid who is already studying there for 10 years.
28th November 2015, 08:59 PM
Chandrprakash34
Senior Member+

Every School have Criteria for taking admission in any Class.After Passing 10th Class,students take admission in 11th Class and it is Class where students decide their career path.So Schools take the students in Stream where they can do best in that Stream.You can talk and meet to the Principal of that School for this Situation.You will definitely get the solution of this Problem.

Meet and talk to the principal is the best option for you.You will not get any thing if you take any legal action on School.You can also change the School for taking the admission in that Stream in which you want to take admission.So don't get tense about the Stream,64% is good to take admission in Maths and Science Stream.
29th January 2016, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

my son is studying 10th cbse board in Gujarat. My husband job is transferable. Shall I get an admission in any other cbse school for 11th science group
30th December 2016, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

My son studied in central school till 9th and passed his 10th through Open school and now his studying in i PUC commerce. I want to whether he join sainik school for 12th. please let me know
29th September 2018, 06:29 AM
Unregistered

My son is studying in 10th class how can he join your school further study for 11th n 12th
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?