18th April 2021, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I study BSc(Biotechnology) without having Biology in 12th Science?

Hello friends, I am studying in 12th standard with Science stream. I haven’t taken Biology but now I am interested in studying Biotechnology in BSc. Can I pursue a BSc in Biotechnology after not having Biology in 12th standard? Please reply quickly as it's urgent.

19th April 2021, 12:27 AM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BSc(Biotechnology) without having Biology in 12th Science?

No, You can't study BSc(Biotechnology) without having Biology in 12th Science.

To study BSc Biotechnology you must have completed intermediate with Biology as a subject with minimum aggregate of 50% score.

You must have minimum 60% in Biology subject to get admission in a good institution.
19th April 2021, 11:36 AM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BSc(Biotechnology) without having Biology in 12th Science?

°°° No, you can not study BSc(Biotechnology) without having Biology in 12th Science.
In order to pursue BSc in biotechnology the candidate should have done 12th with Physics, chemistry and biology as core subjects.
Some of the reputed colleges conduct their entrance exam for the course.

°°° Popular Entrance Exam:

Anna University biotechnology entrance examination

Jamia Millia Islamia entrance exam

Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University common entrance test

All India biotechnology entrance examination
19th April 2021, 06:33 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you have to take Biology as a main subject in 12th for admission in biotechnology.
The subject in 12th you must of opt for are physics, chemistry, biology.
Maths in this case is optional for you that is you may take it as a main subject.
But without Biology you would not be able to pursue BTech in biotechnology.
19th April 2021, 09:14 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for BSC in biotechnology:-

> Aspirants is seeking admission to BSc biotechnology are required to have passed Xtb and XIIth with physics biology and chemistry as core subject, with minimum 50% overall (45% for SC / St candidates), and 60% in each core subject. Both PCM & PCB candidates are eligible to apply.

> The entrance is usually on a university or college level.

the most popular BSc biotechnology entrance exam is the Delhi University entrance exam.
19th April 2021, 11:11 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible.
You cannot study BSc(Biotechnology) without having Biology in 12th Science.
If you want to pursue BSc in biotechnology then it is mandatory that the candidate should have studied in physics, chemistry and Biology as core subjects in class 11th and 12th.
21st April 2021, 10:33 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't study BSc (Biotechnology) because without having biology in 12th science, you will not get admission in biotechnology. So, you have to pass in 12th exams with 55% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Maths & Biology. You have to clear the entrance exams. Then you will get admission in B. tech biotechnology.
26th April 2021, 10:54 AM
sivanthipublicschool

No, you cant continue in B.SC Biotechnology without having Biology in 12 th standard. If you want
to Pursue B.Sc Bio Technology you need a certain percentage in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 11 th and 12 th standard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?