26th December 2016, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I study medical field without studying biology in class 12th?

Asslam o alaikum Sir, I have done 9'10 also 11'12 with computer science subject maths,computer science and physics can I take medical field now? Please tell me Sir. It is urgent.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it fine to repeat 12th in 2017 if want to study in medical field?
  2. Can I pursue a career in Medical Field after completing class 12th with Arts stream?
  3. How can I study Biology subject of class 12th? Are there any Books that I need to study so that I can complete the whole syllabus?
  4. How to study medical field course? I am studying in 12th standard
  5. How to study for medicine or biology in general?
  6. What are the subjects that I have to study in Non Medical field? What are the jobs available after completing any course in this field? -- [New]
  7. Should I reappear for 11th and 12th class with biology subjects in order to do appear for Medical Entrance exams?
  8. Which are the best courses for me to join in the field of Biology after completion of 12th class with Biology? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How can I join Medical Field after completing class 12th? Which course should I pursue?
  10. How can I become a Medical Surgeon after completing class 12th (Science stream)? How many years will it take to become a Surgeon?
  11. How to join engineering without wasting 1 year? I am a Physics 2nd year intermediate student
  12. Which stream should I chose between Medical and Non-Medical to study in 11th standard having interest in Human Body?
  13. What should I do after passing 12th to join Biology? Should I take admission in medical field or in drawing?
  14. Can I get admission in Medical college if score 90% in class 12 CBSE board?
  15. Possibility to study LLB for 12th Biology students?
  16. How to make my career in biology stream if I am studying in 12th
  17. Is Maths subject important for pursuing a course in Biotechnology Field?
  18. Entrance exams that are to be answered to get into Medical Field after 12th?
26th December 2016, 09:49 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study medical field without studying biology in class 12th?

For admission in medical courses such as MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS etc it is necessary to have Biology as main paper in 12th board examination.

So, it is not possible to get admission in medical course without have Biology as main paper in 12th.

For admission in course such as Biotechnology candidates passed 12th with PCM are eligible.
26th December 2016, 10:54 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Asslam o alaikum Sir, I have done 9'10 also 11'12 with computer science subject maths,computer science and physics can I take medical field now? Please tell me Sir. It is urgent.
If your 12th standard subject is not Biology then you are not eligible for Medical entrance exam.

Candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for MBBS entrance exam but your 12th standard subject should be Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. For SC/ST candidate this percentage is reduced to 40%. Your age should be in between 17 to 26 years.
27th December 2016, 11:38 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, the basic eligibility to get admission in medical courses in bachelor degree after 12th is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper.

So, you will be not eligible to get admission in medical courses after 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper.

If you are interested in pursuing medical course you must have to pursue Biology to get admission.
27th December 2016, 12:57 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Sorry, it is not possible to study MBBS or BDS or any other medical course without studying Biology subjects in Class XII. You can study B.E or B.Tech course in various disciplines after studying Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science subjects in class 12th. To study MBBS or BDS you should have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects with a minimum of 50% marks. Without biology or biotechnology subject in 10+2 it is not possible to study the MBBS or BDS course. You can study other courses like BE, B.Tech, BA, B.Sc etc.
27th December 2016, 01:15 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to go for medical field after completing 12th with computer science, physics and mathematics subjects. Candidates who are interested to join medical field like MBBS, BAMS, BHMS etc must complete their 12th standard with physics, chemistry and biology subjects. Without biology you are not eligible to pursue medical courses. You can choose other fields like BCA, Engineering etc.
27th December 2016, 04:08 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot make your career in Medical field without studying Biology in class 12th. In order to do so, you must have studied Biology as a subject in class 12th. Since you have studied pure Science, you can make your career in Engineering field after class 12th.
27th December 2016, 05:43 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

No you cannot apply for medical entrance exam if you have completed your 12th with non medical stream because Biology is important subject in order to study medical field after passing your 12th standard but still if you are a girl then you can pursue GNM or ANM course that is a nursing course. If you are a boy then there's no chances for you to study medical field with non medical stream.
27th December 2016, 09:13 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

In order to study in medical after passing your 12th standard it is compulsory that a candidate must have passed 12th with physics, chemistry and Biology from a recognised board with at least 50% marks . And as you have passed your 12th standard with computer science and mathematics hence you are not eligible to study medical field after passing your 12th standard. You can study the subjects of courses which are related to your subjects taken in class 11th and 12th.
So choose those courses which are related to your subjects.
27th December 2016, 11:09 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your Class 12th with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects you are not eligible for opting in any course or job related to medical field as the basic requirement for medical field is biology at higher secondary level.

So to join medical field the best option for you will be that you should reappear in your class 12th once again with Biology as main subject.

But I would like to say that with your educational qualification you are eligible for any other jobs or courses apart from medical field so you can continue with the same if you are not interested in wasting one year of your academics.
25th September 2019, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

I want to study medical/clinical laboratory technicians but I didn't study biology in the 12th grade.
12th April 2022, 04:29 AM
Unregistered

Can i study in nursing or pharmacist or any other medical field in canada without studying biology in class 12th
26th June 2022, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have pass mechenist and chemistry physics in 10 class now I Wana course in any health related sir it's possible
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?