16th October 2017, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

Can I study for NDA and CDS exams after completion of 10th standard from home schooling?

01. My son is now studying 9th class under homeschool. He returned back after his UKG. Now can I admit him to direct 9th class. What is the possibility in Andhra Pradesh? 2. If I suppose to send him to 10th class under the open school, is there the chance of rejecting him in NDA/CDS exams. 03. He is a taekwondo champion. What is the possibility of getting direct admission in the sports school?

17th October 2017, 07:59 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study for NDA and CDS exams after completion of 10th standard from home schooling?

For NDA the minimum qualification required is class 12th and for CDS exam you need to have at least a graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.

Therefore, make sure you have the required qualification before applying for such exam. Open schooling is definitely valid for higher education and acceptable for government jobs.
18th October 2017, 01:21 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I study for NDA and CDS exams after completion of 10th standard from home schooling?

Yes, definitely you can prepare for NDA and CDS exam right after completion of you 10th standard. But let me tell you that the minimum qualification required for NDA and CDS is 12th standard and Bachelor degree respectively.
In most of the school admission to 9th standard is done on the basis of an entrance test conducted by the school itself, so after qualifying in the entrance test, you can take admission in 9th standard.
There is absolutely no problem in doing 10th standard from open schooling but make sure that board is recognized and not fake.
On the basis of taekwondo, you can't take direct admission, but you will definitely get its benefit through sports quota.
18th October 2017, 08:12 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely your ward can study NDA and CDS being a candidate of Home School and Open School, there is no problem in it. But your ward must be eligible according to the respective norm.
The minimum qualification required for NDA is that candidate must have completed his/her class 12th examination and minimum qualification required for CDS examination is that candidate must have completed their Graduation in any discipline.
You cannot get direct admission through the sports quota, but you can get some benefits due to your sports activity.
27th October 2017, 12:11 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
01. My son is now studying 9th class under homeschool. He returned back after his UKG. Now can I admit him to direct 9th class. What is the possibility in Andhra Pradesh? 2. If I suppose to send him to 10th class under the open school, is there the chance of rejecting him in NDA/CDS exams. 03. He is a taekwondo champion. What is the possibility of getting direct admission in the sports school?
As per your educational qualification, you are not eligible for NDA and CDS exam.

The minimum educational qualification required for NDA exam is 12th standard from a recognized board.

The minimum educational qualification required for CDS exam is graduation degree from a recognized University.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?