18th July 2017, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

Can my daughter add biology through NIOS to become eligible for MBBS?

Sir/Mam, my daughter appearing in 12th PCM by CBSE this year 2017.
Hoping for 85% marks. Can she add biology by NIOS for further preparation for MBBS? How many subject she will study. Can only biology be opted?

19th July 2017, 03:37 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can my daughter add biology through NIOS to become eligible for MBBS?

Sorry to inform you that it is neither possible nor allowed to opt only biology in 12th standard.A candidate seeking admission in MBBS should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology as compulsory subjects in 12th standard or its equivalent from a recognized university.
19th July 2017, 08:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can my daughter add biology through NIOS to become eligible for MBBS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam, my daughter appearing in 12th PCM by CBSE this year 2017.
Hoping for 85% marks. Can she add biology by NIOS for further preparation for MBBS? How many subject she will study. Can only biology be opted?
Yes, she is eligible for MBBS course.

Candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for MBBS entrance exam, but your 12th standard subject should be Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. For SC/ST candidate this percentage is reduced to 40%.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
19th July 2017, 08:35 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely your daughter will be eligible for MBBS entrance exam if she has completed her 12th from NIOS board. NIOS board stands for National Institute of Open studies which is a recognised board.
So you need not to worry about her eligibility because she can appear in NEET entrance exam.
19th July 2017, 10:00 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, your daughter will not be eligible to appear in MBBS examination even if she pursue Biology subject from NIOS Board. Only candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects from a recognised board are eligible to apply for MBBS entrance examination. Since, your daughter has passed 12th standard with PCM stream, she is not eligible to apply for MBBS entrance examination.
20th July 2017, 12:03 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that there is no provision to opt only Biology particularly to be eligible for MBBS course.
In order to be eligible for MBBS course, candidates must have to complete their class 12th from a recognized Board studying Physics, Chemistry and Biology as a subject combination scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it.
20th July 2017, 06:48 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

She can not opt Biology only in class 12th. She can give Biology exam again with the same board only through which she has passed her 12th exam. Marks of Biology will added to the mark sheet of class 12th as an additional subject. In NIOS she has to opt all the subjects.
For MBBS A candidate must have physics , Chemistry and Biology in class 12th. After giving biology exam your daughter will be eligible for MBBS.
2nd July 2020, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

Can I add biology only through NIOS ,if I passed with pcm with 90% by cbse??
If NIOS add biology then I am able to appear in NEET OR NOT??
PLZ REPLY.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?