28th February 2016, 05:09 AM
Anilkumar66

What is the eligibility criteria for MBBS entrance for NIOS students?

Dear Sir ,

I'm Anil, my son studied upto +2 in regular CBSE school he got 8.4 points in 10th standard but he failed in three subjects in +2 instantly he joined senior secondary PCMB (+2) through NIOS and appeared all six subjects he passed out and got 407/600 marks in first attempt (oct-2015 )12th class from NIOS. I would like to know whether he is eligible for MBBS, BDS and B.Arch ? And we want to apply COMEDK MBBS EXAM.
WHAT IS THE procedure. Please help me .

Hoping for Quick reply.

Thanks & Regards,
AnilKumar.G

28th February 2016, 02:02 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for MBBS entrance for NIOS students?

NIOS is National Institute of Open Schooling. NIOS candidates are eligible for MBBS, BDS, B.Tech. B.Arch etc courses. You can apply for any courses after 10+2 from NIOS board as it is valid for all courses and jobs.

Eligibility for MBBS course:

*Candidate must have studied PCB with English at 10+2 level and has scored 50% marks in it.

*The minimum age limit is 17 years on 31st December of year of admission.

You are also eligible for COMEDK MBBS exam.
28th February 2016, 02:07 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for MBBS entrance for NIOS students?

NIOS certificates and marksheets are accepted by almost every higher study institution and these are valid for government jobs also because of fact that it is recognized and approved by Central Government for secondary and higher secondary examination.

So, you can apply for entrance exams of MBBS like AIPMT, AIIMS entrance exam, COMEDK MBBS exam and other exams like NATA for B.Arch, JEE for B.Tech etc. For MBBS course, PCB stream is compulsory.

The procedure is that you must fill online application form at respective official website of examination conducting body and pay examination fee to appear for exam.
28th February 2016, 06:25 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anilkumar66 View Post
Dear Sir ,

I'm Anil, my son studied upto +2 in regular CBSE school he got 8.4 points in 10th standard but he failed in three subjects in +2 instantly he joined senior secondary PCMB (+2) through NIOS and appeared all six subjects he passed out and got 407/600 marks in first attempt (oct-2015 )12th class from NIOS. I would like to know whether he is eligible for MBBS, BDS and B.Arch ? And we want to apply COMEDK MBBS EXAM.
WHAT IS THE procedure. Please help me .

Hoping for Quick reply.

Thanks & Regards,
AnilKumar.G
NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling.

NIOS Board qualified candidates are also eligible for all other exams like all other Board students.

For getting admission to MBBS, BDS courses, you will have to appear for anyone of the below mentioned entrance exams.
  • ALL INDIA PRE-MEDICAL TEST (AIPMT)
  • BHU ALL INDIA PMT
  • CMC-VELLORE
  • DELHI UNIVERSITY MEDICAL/DENTAL ENTRANCE TEST (DUMET)
  • JAWAHARLAL INSTITUTE OF POST GRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION AND RESEARCH (JIPMER)
  • MANIPAL UGET KARNATKA
  • ARMED FORCES MEDICAL COLLEGE (AFMC ENTRANCE)
  • ALL INDIA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES (AIIMS MBBS)
  • AIPGMEE - ALL INDIA POST GRADUATE MEDICAL/DENTAL ENTRANCE EXAM

Eligiblity Criteria for AIPMT:
  • The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and have secured at least 50% marks in 10+2.
  • Reserved Category candidates are given relaxation of 10% in marks of 10+2.
  • Additionally, the candidate must have completed the age of 17 at the end of the year i.e. 31 December of that particular year.
28th February 2016, 10:21 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for all entrance exams either for engineering streams or architecture stream or medical stream or any general bachelor's degree after completion of 10+2 from National Institute of Open Schooling. NIOS marksheets are accepted by all technical and non technical institutes in India for admission.

You are eligible for MBBS, BDS etc but for this you must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology. At present, you can apply for AIIMS entrance exam for MBBS course as online applications are going on.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?