1st September 2016, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

Elgibility to sit in JEE Main exam?

Hello sir, I have completed 12th from Jharkhand board and got 63% marks (Physics-60, Chemistry-59, Mathematics-48, Chemistry-63 and English-85). I wants to know am I eligible to sit in JEE Main exam?

4th September 2016, 11:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Elgibility to sit in JEE Main exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I have completed 12th from Jharkhand board and got 63% marks (Physics-60, Chemistry-59, Mathematics-48, Chemistry-63 and English-85). I wants to know am I eligible to sit in JEE Main exam?
Yes, you are eligible for JEE Main exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks are eligible for JEE Main. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
5th September 2016, 04:20 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination after completion of your 12th standard with 63% aggregate marks from Jharkhand Board. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination. Since, you have passed your 12th standard from a recognised board, you are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination.
5th September 2016, 11:35 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Joint Entrance Examination Main is:

1. You must have done 10+2 with compulsory subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Minimum percentage of marks required in 10+2 to appear for JEE Main exam is 50% for general and OBC candidates and 45% marks for SC/ST candidates.

2. You have scored 63% marks in board exam of Jharkhand for 10+2 and hence you are eligible for coming JEE Main exam in 2017.

There are three consecutive attempts for JEE Main exam and two consecutive attempts for JEE Advanced exam. First attempt is counted in year, you appear for board exams.
6th September 2016, 12:04 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to sit in JEE Main Exam:

As far as my knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to sit in JEE Main Examination. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in JEE Main Exam is as follows.

>> Candidates must have completed 12th Class from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks.

>> You must have scored an aggregate of 50% in the compulsory subjects,
* Physics
* Chemistry and
* Mathematics
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?