17th February 2023, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

My school is using Private books instead of NCERT? Is it bad? Should I study from NCERT or those books?

I'm in 9th standard. I've seen most schools use NCERT books but my school is using some private books even for maths and science. Should I study from NCERT or those books?

17th February 2023, 10:04 PM
AddisonRae

Default Re: My school is using Private books instead of NCERT? Is it bad? Should I study from NCERT or those books?

It's not necessarily bad if your school is using private books instead of NCERT, but it's important to make sure that the private books are of good quality and cover the syllabus thoroughly. NCERT books are recommended by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and many other education boards in India as they are the official textbooks, and are designed to cover the entire syllabus.

If your school is using private books, you can compare them with NCERT books to see if they are covering the same topics, and if the level of detail is sufficient. If you find that the private books are not covering the syllabus thoroughly or are not explaining the concepts clearly, then it might be a good idea to refer to NCERT books.
18th February 2023, 01:58 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: My school is using Private books instead of NCERT? Is it bad? Should I study from NCERT or those books?

No. But, NCERT books are not enough for all subjects. But only for particular subjects like biology, physics, chemistry, and mathematics. For this reason, NCERT has produced supplementary volumes with numerical problems that are referred to as NCERT sample books.
18th February 2023, 07:54 PM
Antonio 2023

It's difficult to determine whether private books or NCERT books are better.

it's best to consult with your teachers or academic advisor to get their opinion on which books to use. They can provide you with guidance and advice based on their experience and knowledge of the subject.

But NCERT books are considered to be an important resource for students preparing for school exams as well as for competitive exams like JEE and NEET.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?