17th February 2023, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

Do i need to study any other books also other than NCERT to qualify AIIMS?

Do i need to study any other books also other than NCERT to qualify AIIMS???and which book should i read for gk questions??

17th February 2023, 10:00 PM
SheldonPatrickEverson

Default Re: Do i need to study any other books also other than NCERT to qualify AIIMS?

AIIMS is a highly competitive entrance exam for medical students in India, and it requires an in-depth understanding of the topics covered in the NCERT textbooks. While the NCERT books are the most important resource for the AIIMS exam, you may also consider using additional study materials to supplement your preparation.

Here are some of the recommended books for AIIMS preparation:
  • Objective Biology by Dinesh Publications
  • AIIMS Explorer by MTG Learning Media
  • Trueman’s Objective Biology for NEET/AIIMS
  • Concepts of Physics by H.C. Verma
  • Objective Physics by DC Pandey
  • Objective Chemistry by MTG Editorial Board
  • Morrison and Boyd for Organic Chemistry
  • Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee

For GK questions, you can refer to the following books:
  • Manorama Year Book
  • Lucent’s General Knowledge
  • Arihant General Knowledge

In addition to these books, it is also important to regularly solve previous years' question papers and take mock tests to get a feel of the actual exam. Good luck with your preparation!
18th February 2023, 02:04 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do i need to study any other books also other than NCERT to qualify AIIMS?

NCERT is good. But you can study the following books for your preparation of AIIMS.

1) Cellsius Crash Course for AIIMS and NEET Ncert Nichod Biology 2.0

2) Objective NCERT at your FINGERTIPS for NEET-AIIMS - Biology

3) Physical Chemistry For Doctors AIPMT / AIIMS / NEET STATE PMT Part 1 & 2.

4) Inorganic Chemistry for NEET and Other Medical Entrance Examinations (2019) Second Edition – J. D. Lee.
18th February 2023, 07:56 PM
Antonio 2023

To qualify for AIIMS, you need to have a deep understanding of the concepts in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and General Knowledge. While NCERT textbooks cover most of the concepts required for AIIMS, it is also advisable to refer to additional study materials to enhance your understanding.

Apart from NCERT textbooks, you can also refer to reference books for more in-depth knowledge on a particular topic. Some popular reference books for AIIMS include Objective Biology by Dinesh, Physics for Medical Entrance Examinations by D.C. Pandey, and Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd.

Some popular online resources include Khan Academy, Embibe, and Aakash iTutor.
18th February 2023, 11:08 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The very first thing I would like to let you know is that admission to AIIMS is also done through NEET UG only and therefore there is no need to prepare for the General knowledge section of AIIMS MBBS entrance examination anymore.

Further, as far as the concepts and syllabus for the NEET UG is concerned NCERT books are quite sufficient to prepare for the same examination but you need to practice a lot more questions based on the question pattern of this examination to get yourself acquainted to the questions asked in this examination.

For practicing more questions after thoroughly going through the NCERT books, you should refer to the past year's papers of NEET UG, State PMTs, AIPMTs, AIIMS MBBS entrance examination, objective problems books by Arihant Publication or MTG publications, and test series of premier coaching centers for NEET UG preparation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?