20th April 2014, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

Is NSTE for 10th standard?

my brother has now promoted to class 10 ,can he give ntse exam? I am confused that is ntse for 10std?

6th December 2014, 09:07 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is NSTE for 10th standard?

Yes, the candidates who are studying in 10th standard are eligible to appear for NTSE examination. Details regarding NTSE examination is mentioned below :-

NTSE stands for National Talent Search Examination. It is conducted by NCERT for the candidates who are studying in 10th standard in a recognised school.

NTSE Eligibility Criteria :-
-->Students studying in Class X across India are eligible for NTSE examination and scholarship programmes. The NTSE awards 1000 scholarships to students who successfully qualify the examination and scores relevant marks as per the eligibility criteria :-

To be eligible to appear for NTSE examination cum scholarship programme, every X class student must fulfill the NTSE Eligibility Criteria, which are set by the National Council of Education and Training (NCERT). The NTSE is conducted at two Levels as Level-I and Level-II.

Eligibility for NTSE Level - I :-
--> Students must have Scored 60% marks in their class IX, during the previous academic year. In case of SC, ST and PH category students, a relaxation of 5% is provided. The maximum score in their IX class must be 55% marks.

--> Student should be from a recognized school in the respective State or Union Territory.

Eligibility for NTSE Level - II :-
--> Students who qualify in NTSE Level - I examination are eligible to appear for NTSE Level - II examination. After qualifying level-II exam, students are selected as per the merit for scholarships.

Details Regarding NTSE Scholarship Scheme :-
-->1,000 scholarships will be awarded under the NTSE scholarship programme as mentioned below :-
Rs. 1250 per month for Class 11th and 12th level
Rs. 2000 per month for UG and PG level
Amount of scholarship for Phd to be fixed in accordance with UGC norms

Under the Scholarship Reservation, 15% of the scholarships are reserved for SC category students, 7.5% for ST category students and 3% for physically challenged students.
6th December 2014, 10:51 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Any candidate who is pursuing his/her 10th standard can apply for NTSE exam. So, your brother is eligible to apply for NTSE exam. This exam is conducted by NCERT and its main purpose is to identify the talented students and to offer scholarships to them. NCERT will offer scholarships to almost 1000 students, who have cleared both NTSE stage-I and stage-II exams.

Exam pattern:-
This exam is conducted in two stages.

STAGE-I:-
This stage includes the Mental ability test, Language Test and Aptitude test. Candidates who have cleared this exam are only eligible for Stage-II exams.

STAGE-II:-
In this stage, exam will be based on mathematics, Science and Social subjects.
23rd September 2015, 08:02 PM
gokul ka raja

NSTE stands for National talent search examination.Yes NSTE is for 10th standard.
This is an examination for the schoolarship and development of talent in 10th level examination.
These gives every year 1000 scholarships to the students at different cattogries.As for 11th and 12th about Rs.1200
and for U.G.and P.G is about Rs.2000.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?