14th March 2015, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

Which one is better ISC or HSC after 10th boards?

I am in the 10th ICSE and am really confused if I should take up ISC or HSC after 10th boards I have set my goal either in medicine or architecture so taking up all sciences and math is compulsory for me but I am confused which one is better ISC or HSC I will also be giving the entrance exams for medical colleges like SAT and etc so please help me into which board ISC or HSC will be better?

14th March 2015, 03:26 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which one is better ISC or HSC after 10th boards?

Both ISC and HSC are good and you can opt for any one of them. Both the boards have their own importance.

However, if you opt for Medical Examination after 12th boards, then it is better for you to go for ISC board because of the following reasons;

> ISC is an All India level board and will help you much in cracking many entrance examination as it's is at par with many of the entrance examinations in India.

> One of the main factor to choose ISC board is the language factor. English is tough in higher standards and very useful for aspirants opting for Entrance examination. However in HSC board the prime focus is on the regional language.

> Therefore since English is an important factor to excel in any field and in future, I would recommend you to opt for ISC board.
14th March 2015, 10:50 PM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

You should go for ISC board, because in ISC there are more facilities to do courses like engineering, medical, etc. As ISC board has got more preference in India as well as outside India than H.S.C board, so its better that you appear for ISC board in order to go for medical.
15th March 2015, 02:36 PM
smithapriya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in the 10th ICSE and am really confused if I should take up ISC or HSC after 10th boards I have set my goal either in medicine or architecture so taking up all sciences and math is compulsory for me but I am confused which one is better ISC or HSC I will also be giving the entrance exams for medical colleges like SAT and etc so please help me into which board ISC or HSC will be better?
Both ISC and HSC are considered sane. Both have the same amount of difficulties and easy. In the ISC the English is very tough. As wise in HSC the regional language is tough. You can select any one of the course based on your interest.

1. It is an All-India level board and hence the All-India level entrance exam syllabus is at par with it.

2. English is tough and of a higher standard. Since, English is important to excel in any field and in the future, so ISC is a better option.
3rd June 2015, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

I have cleared my 10th from ICSE board but now I am really confused that which board should I take ICS or HSC. I have decided to go for geophysics after 12th from Indian Institute of Science so which board will be suitable for me?
5th June 2015, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

I am in the 10th ICSE and confused .Should I take up ISE or HSC after 10th.I want to go for CA.
13th February 2016, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

I am an icse student.. i would further like to take up science after 10th. My query is which board would be better-hsc, icse or cbse? Which one would be beneficial for further higher studies and what value do each one of them have?
19th October 2018, 03:09 AM

Which board should one opt for pursuing commerce after completing icsce. Is it HSC or ISC? Does shifting to HSC be more beneficial.
15th June 2019, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

My son was gave icse exam , now he is confusing between isc and HSC he wants to do MBA
20th June 2019, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

Passed in xth cbse with 97.8%, now want to preparation for NATA. Which board is better ics or hsc.
11th August 2019, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

My son want to do MBA which board is suitable for him Ics or Hsc he is in icse board now
27th January 2020, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

Can a cbse student get admission in isc board after 10th?
3rd February 2020, 02:52 PM
HKBEHURA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, a CBSE student can get admission in 11th standard ISC board after qualifying 10th standard. To get admission to the ISC board you must have A2 grades. As ISC board has got more preference in India as well as outside India so it is a good decision to study under the ISC board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?