5th January 2015, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

Which one to select between State board and CBSE?

If my son is going for admission then which board is much better for him in Gujarat and I heard that CBSE board has not much seats after 12th so should we go for state board or not?

Which will be better?

6th January 2015, 02:22 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which one to select between State board and CBSE?

You can go either of the two as both the boards are good enough for moulding your son's career.

But, if your son wants to go for higher studies and wants to sit for competitive exams, then I would suggest you to go for CBSE board.

As most of the competitive exams has it's syllabus based on CBSE pattern.

Therefore it would be better to go for CBSE board for admission if your son is aspiring to opt for competitive exams in future like IIT, JEE, AIEEE, DCE, VIT, KIIT, SRM, etc.
6th January 2015, 06:48 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Most of the students confuse about this issue, whether to choose State Board or CBSE Board. I suggest you to opt CBSE Board rather than State Board because you can gain more knowledge by pursuing your studies from CBSE Board and most of the competitive examination question papers are set by taking CBSE Board syllabus into consideration. So, it is best to opt CBSE board than State board. If you are not able to get admission in CBSE Board, then, you can pursue your 12th standard in State Board.
29th August 2015, 02:20 PM
sumitrahul76

CBSE stands for central board of secondary education.
And the higher secondary education of the CBSE board according to its prescribed syllabus is far better than any other state board.
But it has a limitations that further study isn't possible with CBSE, because all the universities in india comes under state government i.e state board.
That's why you will have to change the board for further studies
If you want your son to be sitted in competitive examination like JEE, AIPMT, AIIMS, ISI, KIT then you must have to go for CBSE.Because most of competitive examination are conducted by CBSE and also their syllabus is according to the syllabus of CBSE.

So, it will better for your son to go for CBSE instead of any other state board.
30th August 2015, 12:14 PM
newmoon06

CBSE stands Central Board of secondary Education. It is highly recognized and reputed board. Generally, students get higher percentage as compare to other boards in CBSE.
Study pattern of CBSE is also good and it helps the student at the time of entrance exam like JEE, AIEEE etc.

GSBE stands for Gujarat State Education Board is state board.
It will be better if you will pass your 12th from CBSE board as you can score good marks from CBSE as compare to GSBE board.

The syllabus of State board is at the state level only, but the syllabus of CBSE board is at the National level.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?