15th November 2015, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to join Merchant Navy after passing school from NIOS?

I have passed from the Board Of Senior Secondary Open Education Delhi with 67.6% marks. Now i want to join Merchant Navy. Is it possible?

15th November 2015, 09:04 PM
singla420

Default Re: Is it possible to join Merchant Navy after passing school from NIOS?

Yes, You are eligible to join Merchant navy if you completed from NIOS. It is not depend on which board you pass-out. The only required is that you must completed your education. And for join Merchant navy you have to fill the form and your percentage is also too enough to fill the form. So don't be so hesitate and go ahead.
15th November 2015, 09:09 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join Merchant Navy after passing school from NIOS?

NIOS stands National Institute of Open Schooling. If you have passed your higher secondary from Open Education board then you are certificates are valid for any type of entrance exam as NIOS is recognized board.

The marksheets and certificates obtained from NIOS board is valid for every entrance exam and admission in any university of India.

So, you can join Merchant Navy after passing your Higher Secondary from NIOS with 67.6% marks as minimum marks required is 60%.
15th November 2015, 09:37 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, why not, candidates who have completed 10+2 from the National Institute of Open Schooling are eligible for the Merchant Navy. NIOS is approved and recognized by the Central Government of India for 10th and 10+2.

The importance of marksheets and certificate of this board is same as that of other boards like CBSE, ICSE etc. You need minimum of 60% of marks to be eligible for the Merchant Navy in 10+2. Since you have secured 67.6% marks in 10+2 from NIOS, you are eligible for the Merchant Navy.
15th November 2015, 10:09 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have passed from the Board Of Senior Secondary Open Education Delhi with 67.6% marks. Now i want to join Merchant Navy. Is it possible?
To join in merchant navy there are certain qualification which you need to satisfy in order to apply and they are:

Nationality:

-> Candidate should have a citizenship in India.

Age limit:

-> Age limit needed is 16-25 years.

Educational Qualification:

-> The needed educational qualification is that candidate should have completed +2 physics, chemistry and mathematics as subject.

Physical Standard:

-> Candidate should a eye sight criteria of 6/6 without glasses, No color Blindness.

If you wish to join in engineering fields in merchant navy then you need to have completed a bachelors degree in Nautical Science or Marine engineering.

With the educational qualification of completed +2 you are eligible to join as Deck Cadets and if you have completed a bachelor's degree in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Technology Engineering you can join in Merchant navy as a Engine Cadet/ Fifth Engineer/ Junior Engineer.

You need to undergo Pre sea training and you can join this course after 10th with at least 40% with Mathematics, science and English as compulsory subject. The course is of 6 months and age limit needed is 17 to 25 years.
16th November 2015, 11:53 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, NIOS student are eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

If you have passed your 12th or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from central/state board or recognized school then you are eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

Your age should be below 20 years.
16th November 2015, 12:29 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For joining merchant navy the minimum qualification is class XII pass with PCM stream. NIOS is accepted by most of the organisations and you shouldn't face any problem if you have passed with required marks.

Selection is mostly based on performance in written exam and physical fitness test. If you perform well in this tests and have a sound medical fitness then you will surely be selected.
16th November 2015, 12:42 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible to join Merchant Navy after passing school from NIOS. 12th passing certificate from NIOS has same value as that of passing certificate from any other recognised board. NIOS is well recognised by HRD ministry of Indian Government.

Candidate have to appear in IMU CET exam in order to get admission in merchant navy course. It is conducted by IMU (Indian Maritime University) for admission of candidate in Merchant Navy course.
After passing the entrance exam you can get admission in IMU in Merchant Navy course.
12th March 2018, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to join merchant navy after passing tenth class from NIOS? But i dont have maths and science as subjects in my tenth class. I want to join as a seamen.
1st July 2019, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

I have pass from Rios up. AM I eligible for doing merchant Navy course
18th July 2020, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

Nios 10th pass without sacince and maths subject and 12th pass with pcm can I eligible for gprating courses
22nd June 2021, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

Does overall percentage of nios is required or only percentage of pcm
15th September 2021, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

I'm passed out student of nios board.
Am I eligible for merchant navy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?