12th March 2016, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to study 12th NIOS directly for home-schooled candidate?

Hello,
My name is Jinal and I am 26 years old. I don't have 10th or 12th certificates as I am home-schooled due to severe illness, I was partially paralyzed when I was 3 years old and completed my school education through home tuition. At the age of 18, I recovered my strength and got a job at a call center as my family required me to work. After that I changed my job and joined another company as an Assistant Manager. Now within next 2 years I am supposed to get married and I need to have educational qualification to safeguard my future. I came to know about NIOS recently, but they told me I cannot directly go for 12th but only 2 years after finishing my 10th, which means if I opt for NIOS studies, I can only do the 10th right now and after 2 years I can go for 12th. Most probably I will be married by then, and even after 12th to complete Graduation I need 3 more years which too will not get me any great job security since graduates are not in demand anyway. I want everyone's opinion about what should I go for given the time constraint I have. Is there any way I can do 12th directly at NIOS or any other Institute?Please help.

15th March 2016, 12:16 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it possible to study 12th NIOS directly for home-schooled candidate?

Sorry to say that but no, you cannot take admission in 12th class directly without having 10th class passing certificate it’s a compulsory rule for everyone. You can take admission in 10th class via NIOS (National institute of Open Schooling) board and then go for 12th that's the first and last option for you.
When we talk about another institute, no one institute will provide you admission in directly 12th class. You must have 10th passing certificate from any recognized board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?