19th October 2015, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

Is it a problem if surname is not written in 10th marksheet?

My surname is not printed in 10th marksheet. So i want to know if this is a problem for future?

20th October 2015, 12:38 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it a problem if surname is not written in 10th marksheet?

No, there is will be no problem if your surname is not written in 10th marksheet. But you will have to mention your name without your surname in all relevant academic exams, forms for driving license, PAN card, passport etc.

However no problem will ever arise without your surname in any document in future.

20th October 2015, 01:52 AM
ishteaque
Banned

If you have not mentioned your surname in your 10th marksheet than probably you will have to use the name in each and every document of your in future as changing your name or adding your surname later on will not prove to be fruitful for you and can cause you some trouble.

20th October 2015, 02:26 PM
[email protected]

Surname is defined as - A hereditary name common to all members of the family. Some times we think that our last name could me stated as surname, but most of the applications today will provide separate columns for first name, last name and surname.
10th mark list can be used as a proof of address and for several verification's, by which if you provide. Election Id, PAN card, Passport, Driving Licence - all these can also be used as proofs of identity. So there it is not a problem if your surname is not printed on the certificate, rather if any mistakes in the details furnished should be corrected so that you can use that as a proof in various official processes flawlessly.

21st October 2015, 10:29 PM
jashan13
Junior Member+

There is NO problem if you not mentioned your surname.

Problem arise if you use your surname on other document like Driving licenses ,Pan Card,Aadhar card and forget to mentioned in your 10th marksheet.

If you mentioned your surname all other documents then you need to change your name on your 10th marksheet.

5th April 2016, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

My father name is x kumar y and in 10 it is x kumar only and in 12 it is x kumar y and in bsc it is x y. And it will create a big prbm for document verification .

26th August 2016, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

Is it a problem if surname is not written in 10th and 12th marksheet but in graduation marksheet surname written

29th August 2016, 07:57 PM
ashishkumarcs
Junior Member+

This will not create any problem if:

=> In all of your documents (like Admit card, Registration card, School Application form etc) your name is same.

=> In other government issued document like Aadhar card your name is same.

But if in other documents your name is not same as marksheet then it is a problem.

If you have forgotten to mention your surname at the time of filling the application form for 10th board and in all of your other documents the name is same as marksheet then no problem you can continue with this name.

For Example if your name is: Ravi Ram Singh, and in all of you document your printed name is Ravi Ram only then this is OK. Many peoples only use their first name.

But having only first name may create problem for you in future:

=> In many Online and Offline form the First Name as well as Surname is required to complete the form successfully(you can't left surname blank), then for that situation you will have to write email or application in this regard.

Otherwise if Surname is not printed in your 10th marksheet its OK.

If you want to change your name in your Marksheet you will have to write an application form to CBSE Board (application approved by your school principal) to change your name.

19th September 2016, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

Sir in my 10th marksheet and 12th marksheet only Ravi is mentioned but in my B.Tech it is Ravi kumar is mentioned ie surname is absent in 10th and 12th
10 - Satender
12 - Satender
Graduation- Satender Kumar
So it will arise any probl during document varification for govt
service

10th October 2016, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

In my 10 th and 12 th class marksheet surname is jot mention . It will create a problem in future for online exams in which surname is required??

19th January 2017, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir my name is ajay in highschool and intermediate in ajay and BA also ajay and all the proof are also ajay can any problem in government service

7th February 2017, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

In my 10th marksheet , adhaar card etc . I dont have my surname. I have only my name and my fathers name , will it be a problem when i apply for JEE main or other entrance exams?

19th February 2017, 02:29 PM
namit65786
Junior Member+

If surname is not written in the 10th marksheet then it will be a problem if you are going to seek an central/ state government job.
Hence, it is requested to add your surname in the 10th marksheet by submitting an application to the Board you have passed the examination by paying a nominal fees towards this.

8th March 2017, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

Sir
My name is 10th and12th Ba Digree Ummed singh but my all documents pan aadharcard votar card bank mentioned surname Ummed singh Bhandari can I apply passport pl suggest
Thanks

10th March 2017, 07:01 AM
Unregistered

My 10 class markshit is not mention my surname but 12 class is mention my surname and also BA certificate mention my surname is there any problems during the document verification

7th June 2017, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir on my 10th marksheet only Himanshu is written not sir name... But when I was filling du form ..by mistake I wrote my last name also..so will there be any problem.. If yes then how can I solve it.

10th June 2017, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

Only my name is written in 10th and 12th certificate. But in graduation degree my surname is also added. Is there any problem or only affidavit can use for that. Please guide. Rest of the documents is without surname.

19th June 2017, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

My 10th class marksheet not mention surname but all my other documents mention surname is there any problem while verification

27th July 2017, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

I have forgotten to mention my surname in gov job application form. But in 10 th class marksheet name is mention with surname then, is there any problem during my document verification

12th August 2017, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Is it a problem if my fathers surname is not written in my documents while in his national id card he is using his name with surname?

12th August 2017, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Is it a problem if my fathers surname is not written in my documents while in his national id card he is using his name with surname?

12th August 2017, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

15th August 2017, 02:43 AM
Unregistered

Want to achieve UPSC but in 10th certificate surname is not mentioned. Though all my id and other documents, surname is mentioned. <My query is without having surname, Am i able for this exam.?

15th August 2017, 09:12 PM
evedallas

Unhappy Re: Is it a problem if surname is not written in 10th marksheet?

One problem could be when you are applying for a passport or a Visa. Passport or Visa verification requires exact match of your name in your documents i.e., 10th marksheet and atleast two of your identity proofs. It is advisable to correct the name in your marksheet as soon as possible as you may have to face difficulty in future.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?