22nd September 2018, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

Should I join HS from NIOS after completing 10th WBBSE to prepare for Medical Entrance exams?

I am studying in 10th Class of WBBSE School. My aim is to become an MBBS doctor. For this I will prepare for various Medical entrance exams from 11th standard onward. I want you suggestion that, should I get admission in WBCHSE for Higher Secondary or change Board and join NIOS?

29th September 2018, 08:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I join HS from NIOS after completing 10th WBBSE to prepare for Medical Entrance exams?

Yes, NIOS is a recognized way to complete schooling and it is valid for any entrance exam. Hence, just make sure you pass the class 12th with required stream and at least 50% marks.

NIOS is an open schooling institution and you can study at your home, without attending any regular classes.
30th September 2018, 10:04 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I join HS from NIOS after completing 10th WBBSE to prepare for Medical Entrance exams?

To become MBBS ( Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery ) and to get admission in the course candidate have to appear and qualify in NEET, AIIMS or JIPMER entrance examination.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th board in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.

Minimum required aggregate varies with examination.

NIOS is a recognised board and so candidates from a recognised board are eligible to appear in entrance examination.
30th September 2018, 11:34 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

NIOS is National Institute of Open Schooling and it is a recognised board under ministry of HRD.

The candidates passed or pursuing in NIOS board are eligible to appear for medical entrance examination to get admission in MBBS course.

So, if you want to pursue from NIOS board, then you are eligible for admission in MBBS course after 12th in PCB and qualifying in medical entrance examination ( NEET, AIIMS, etc).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?