22nd April 2015, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to study Kannada as a 2nd Language in ICSE Board if pursue at any school of Bangalore?

Hi,
I am now planning to shift my daughter from CBSE to ICSE Board.
I want to know whether she have to learn Kannada as second language in Bangalore under ICSE Board of any school? Because she don't know Kannada.
Kindly inform me regarding this.

24th April 2015, 09:29 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to study Kannada as a 2nd Language in ICSE Board if pursue at any school of Bangalore?

No it is not necessary she can study Hindi as her 2nd Language.
You will have to get your daughter admitted to a School where Hindi is taught and also you will have to see to it that it allows its students to study Hindi as their 2nd Language.
It is not necessary for her to study Kannada as the 2nd Language as ICSE Board provides the option of choosing the 2nd Language to the student who will be appearing for the Examination.
So there will be no problem for her even if she does not know Kannada.
28th April 2015, 04:04 PM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Smile Re: Is it necessary to study Kannada as a 2nd Language in ICSE Board if pursue at any school of Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I am now planning to shift my daughter from CBSE to ICSE Board.
I want to know whether she have to learn Kannada as second language in Bangalore under ICSE Board of any school? Because she don't know Kannada.
Kindly inform me regarding this.
No, your daughter need not to learn nay of the regional language to Study either in CBSE or ICSE Board. What is included in the curriculum of the Board that will be only taught to her. If she has been admitted in the Karnataka Board, then it might have been the question of learning Kannada for her. So, don't worry for the Language and focus for her admission in Good School.
15th September 2015, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it necessary to study Kannada as a 2nd Language in ICSE Board if pursue at any school of Bangalore?

We are planning to relocate from Chennai to Bangalore. For std IXth will Hindi and French be considered as 2nd and 3rd languages? We would like our son to be exempt from Kannada as we do not know the language.
Also which schools can be recommended and what will be the approximate fee structure for class IXth?
4th July 2021, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

We need admission to our grandchildren in 6 th standard for academic year 2022 in in ICSE schoolwhere other than kannada and hindi any foreign language is available
25th July 2022, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Does icse provide second language exemption for US citizens who are attending an ICSE school?

I was told that non-indian students have such a concession. However, I wasn't able to see that rule on the official icse council's website. If you have knowledge about this, please share any official links to this topic. Thanks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?