27th July 2018, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

Should I join 11th NIOS after completing 10th ICSE to prepare for Medical Entrance exams?

I am studying in 10th Class of ICSE School. My aim is to become a BDS doctor. For this I will prepare for various Medical entrance exams from 11th standard onward. I want you suggestion that, should I get admission in ISC in 11th standard or change Board and join NIOS?

Related Questions:
  1. Should I join 11th NIOS after completing 10th CBSE to prepare for Medical Entrance exams?
  2. What is the procedure follwoed for admission in 11th ICSE board after passing 10th from NIOS?
  3. Can I get admission in 11th standard of ICSE or CBSE Board if appearing in 10th NIOS Board exam?
  4. Whether a candidate will get admission in 11th ICSE after completing 10th from CBSE Board?
  5. Can I take admission in normal school after 10th from NIOS? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Whether a candidate is eligible to get admission in 11th CBSE if appear 10th NIOS?
  7. Whether NIOS Board is equivalent to CBSE/ICSE Board? Is it a barrier if completed 12th NIOS after 11th CBSE?
  8. For which medical entrance exams I need to prepare after 10th board exam in order to join MBBS?
  9. From which Board I should study 12th to purse Medical if completed 10th from ICSE Board? Do I have to appear in NEET-UG?
  10. Coaching classes for preparation of Medical entrance exam in Kolkata?
  11. Possibility to get 11th Science admission in Apollo International School for 10th ICSE candidate?
  12. Is it beneficial to study 10th NIOS for a candidate who doesn't cope up with ICSE syllabus?
  13. What should I do after completing 10th board in ICSE between 11th and 12th from same board or go for Inter?
  14. Entrance exams available to study medical course from Canada with syllabus? Chances to get direct admission?
  15. Being an NIOS student can I appear in Medical entrance exams to study MBBS in best colleges?
  16. Should I go into ISC or HSC after studying in ICSE?
  17. Possibility to get 11th Commerce admission in Calcutta International School, Kolkata for 10th ICSE candidate? -- [New]
  18. CBSE or ICSE, which is easier to study in 11th standard for 10th ICSE student?
29th July 2018, 10:09 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I join 11th NIOS after completing 10th ICSE to prepare for Medical Entrance exams?

Yes you can change board after completing 10th board.
If you want to pursue 12th from NIOS board then also it is good and it has same value as other boards.
So, no need to worry.
30th July 2018, 01:46 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I join 11th NIOS after completing 10th ICSE to prepare for Medical Entrance exams?

Yes candidates passed or pursuing 12th with NIOS are eligible to appear for NEET examination.

NEET examination is compulsory to appear and qualify for admission in MBBS or BDS course in government or private colleges.

NIOS is a recognised board and affiliated with MHRD.
31st July 2018, 09:15 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in medical entrance examination after 12th from NIOS. NIOS is a recognized board.

You have to appear and qualify in NEET examination for admission in BDS course. The eligiblity to appear in examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recogniosed board.

Candidate must have passed 12th in PCB as main subject with minimum 50%.

Examination is conduvted by CBSE. For syllabus and other information visit at www.cbseneet.nic.in.
31st July 2018, 12:09 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

BDS is Bachelor in Dental Surgery. NEET is National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test is a national level examination for admission in medical courses.

You have to apply and even qualify in it for admission in BDS course. Candidate with 12th in Physics, Biology, Chemistry can apply for the examination.

So, you have to prepare for the examination as per syllabus of the examination.
31st July 2018, 01:43 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

it is up to you to decide. No one can have any say in this.

But let me tell you that ICSE is the best education board among all the present in the country.

It is even better than the CBSE when the education content is concerned.

So, in my opinion, you will get better knowledge and exposure if you continue in the ICSE, rather than changing it at this stage.
31st July 2018, 06:02 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Yes, you are eligible to change the board from ICSE to NIOS. Candidates of NIOS board are eligible to appear in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. It is the national level examination conducted for admission in medical course.

NIOS is recognised by Ministry of HRD. Required eligibility to appear for NEET is that candidate must have passed or appearing in 12th board examination with PCB as main paper and have scored minimum 50%.

So, you need to focus on the preparation for the examination to qualify in it to get admission in the college of your own choice.
31st July 2018, 07:59 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

If you want to change the board then you are eligible for it.

But, for admission in BDS course you have to qualify in NEET examination. It is conducted by CBSE. Candidates from a recognised board are eligible to appear in NEET examination.

Syllabus and examination pattern about the examination is available at www.cbseneet.nic.in.
31st July 2018, 09:06 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Personally, I would not like to suggest you to join NIOS board in order to prepare for medical entrance exam because just by staying at home or joining any coaching institute isn't going to help you as much your school will help you.
Your basics will be clear only at school because in schools, teachers always focus on the basics and only then your concepts will be clear and this is only Mantra which is going to help you in your medical entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?