14th October 2019, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

Should I opt for Science in Intermediate if weak in Mathematics?

Hi everyone, I am in 10th standard of BSEB Board and preparing for my final Board exam. I am interested in Science as I am a little bit strong in this group. But the problem is that I am weak in Mathematics. So, I get problems if I choose Science in my Intermediate?

17th October 2019, 06:39 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I opt for Science in Intermediate if weak in Mathematics?

If you are weak in maths then science stream will not be a good option if you are looking to pursue an engineering degree. If you are looking to study the medical stream then maths is not that much important.

For engineering courses, you must be good at maths because physics or chemistry Is mostly have maths. Hence, you should make sure that you are ready to deal with maths in future if you are looking to study science with maths.
17th October 2019, 11:28 PM
Bujjimittu

Hi, if you take science in intermediate you cannot suffer a lot in chemistry and physics there are some mathematical problems but these are very basic questions. If you know division , percentage, addition, substractions you can do answers easily
18th October 2019, 12:00 AM
Sunnyexpert

Yes, you might face problem if you are weak in mathematics and opting for science stream, or you can just opt for PCB(excluding mathematics) and can also continue with your studies ahead.

The best that I can suggest you that if you are good in science subjects, please spare some time for your studies in mathematics as well and I am sure you can do well in it and have a great a career ahead.

Just with little bit more effort, I am sure you will do well in your mathematics paper as well.
28th October 2019, 10:12 AM
EduXpert

Yes you can opt science if weak in maths but you need to take medical stream which doesn't have the same kind of scope like maths.

If you are looking to pursue engineering then maths is important. It will not be good option if weak in maths.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?