1st March 2018, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

Is it a barrier to opt Science in HS if I am weak in Mathematics?

I am in 10th standard and preparing for my final board exam. I am interested in Science as I am little bit strong in Life Science and Physical Science. But the problem is that I am weak in Mathematics. So, I get problem if I choose Science in my HS?

8th March 2018, 08:49 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it a barrier to opt Science in HS if I am weak in Mathematics?

If you are interested in Science and weak in Mathematics then, you can opt for Medical Science stream. In Medical Science stream, you will not have the Mathematics subject. You will have Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany subjects in Medical Science stream. So, I suggest you to choose Medical stream for pursuing your higher studies after completion of your 10th standard.
9th March 2018, 11:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

There are two kind of science streams, one is medical and other is non medical. If you are weak in maths, then you can go for medical stream which will have Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.

Also, remember than Physics and Chemistry of class 11th and 12th will have some numericals, which needs some maths skills. It can become difficult, if you are totally weak in mathematics because science is incomplete without maths.
10th March 2018, 10:40 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

If you are weak in Mathematics but want to opt Science stream in class 11th, then you can opt for Bio Science stream in class 11th.
Candidates after the completion of class 10th examination can apply for Bio Science subjects in class 11th.
In that case, your main subjects will be Physics, Chemistry and Biology. You can then neglect Mathematics as your main subject and can proceed towards Medical field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?