31st July 2018, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

Is it a barrier to opt Science in Intermediate if I am weak in Physical Science?

I am in 10th standard and preparing for my final Board exam. I am interested in Science as I am little bit strong in Maths and Life Science. But the problem is that I am weak in Physical Science. So, I get problem if I choose Science in my Intermediate?

2nd August 2018, 03:57 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it a barrier to opt Science in Intermediate if I am weak in Physical Science?

Yes, it will be a little problem if you choose science stream being weak in physical science.

In science you'll have physics as one of the main subject. In few universities they consider the score of individual subjects. If you are weak in physical science and score less marks in the subject it will be a problem in getting admission into the university otherwise there will be no problem.
If you score good marks in other subjects like mathematics, chemistry and other subjects then your final percentage will increase and getting admission will become easier.
2nd August 2018, 04:46 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it a barrier to opt Science in Intermediate if I am weak in Physical Science?

You have to study physics, if you are going to study science stream. Hence, you should make sure you are interested in physics and perform well in it, if you want to take science.

Also, if your aim is engineering after class 12th, then physics and maths are most important. If you are looking for medical field, then physics is not that important.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?