10th October 2018, 04:47 AM
Unregistered

Should I reappear in 12th from NIOS Board to study BTech having secured 45% in 12th Karnataka Board?

Sir/Madam, I have passed my 12th with Karnataka Board and scored 45% marks. But I require 50% marks for BTech admission. So, can I appear 12th again from NIOS and is it valid? Please help me to know about this asap.

14th October 2018, 11:00 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I reappear in 12th from NIOS Board to study BTech having secured 45% in 12th Karnataka Board?

As per your current case, you have two options.

Option 1: You are eligible for admission in graduation degree in so many private educational institutes. So, you have no need to waste one more year to improve your 12th marks. Just visit the institute and apply for admission. You may have to pay some donation to get the admission in private institutes.

Option 2: Yes, the certificate issued from NIOS is 100% valid for further education. You can apply for 12th standard through NIOS. After completion of 12th standard, you can apply for B.Tech in any government as well as private institute.
15th October 2018, 08:52 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I reappear in 12th from NIOS Board to study BTech having secured 45% in 12th Karnataka Board?

B.Tech is Bachelor in Technology and it is four year course. The minimum common eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper.

So, with 45% in 12th board examination you are eligible to get admission in the course but not in the well renowmed institutes. You are also eligible to appear for various entr
15th October 2018, 10:38 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NIOS is National Institute of Open Schooling and it is a recognised board affiliated with MHRD.

The eligibility to get admission in B.Tech course is that candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main paper. So, you are eligible to appear in examination to get admission.

So, you can appear for 12th examination again with NIOS and eligible for admission in various examination.
15th October 2018, 03:09 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in B.Tech course. It is a four year course after 12th or equivalent.

The minimum required qualification to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCM. The admission procedure varies with different institutes.

To get admission in government colleges or well renowned private colleges you have to appear and qualify in entrance examination.
15th October 2018, 08:42 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

The best way to improve your 12th class marks is to appy for improvement exams. You can apply for imporvemet exams in all the subjects in which you have scored at least minimum passing marks. Prepare well and take reference from previous year papers to get better marks in improvement exams.
So, you have no need to give 12th exam through NIOS. However, if you are interested to give 12th exams through NIOS then you have to apply for fresh admission in 12th standard under NIOS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?