29th May 2015, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

Should I send my son to Kota for coaching of entrance exams for engineering or focus upon intermediate first?

sir,
my child is currently appearing candidate of Xth from nainital. as he is interested in engineering, what should I prefer first. send him to kota (rajasthan) for coaching or focus for his intermediate first ? I am confused, so plz help.......

Related Questions:
  1. Best IIT coaching institutes? Date of entrance exams of coaching institutes in Kota? Fee structure of their coaching? Date of registration for the coaching institute?
  2. Which are the Institutes in Kota for coaching for engineering entrance test?
  3. Which coaching institution is better in Resonance Kota and Vibrant Kota for Engineering and give suitable reasons?
  4. Which coaching institute is better between Resonance Kota and Vibrant Kota for engineering?
  5. Which coaching institution is better join for Engineering in Kota?
  6. Best coaching center in Kota?W hat is the fee structure? List of top 10 coaching centers in Kota? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Which are the best IIT coaching institutes? Date of the entrance exam of the coaching institute of Kota? Fee structure for coaching?
  8. Which is the best coaching institute in Kota, Allen, Resonance, Career Point and Vibrant? Date of the entrance exams and of the Phase II?
  9. Which is the best coaching center for IIT preparation in Kota?
  10. Which coaching institute is best to join for IIT JEE in Kota?
  11. Shifting from Andhra Pradesh State Board to ISC in 12th standard is possible? Will it be beneficial for engineering entrance exams?
  12. Details about the fee structure for admission in Bansal coaching center kota for IIT
  13. List of top coaching centers for IIT-JEE preparation? How may I get information about online coaching exam preparation(Kota)?
  14. What's the procedure for taking admission in BANSAL Classes, Kota?
  15. Which are the colleges in Kota for preparation of IIT?
  16. From where should i take a 1 year drop for IITJEE preparations (Kota or Indore)?
  17. Best coaching for IIT in Kota among Resonance and Vibrant?
  18. Coaching classes for preparation of CLAT in Pune?
29th May 2015, 03:15 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I send my son to Kota for coaching of entrance exams for engineering or focus upon intermediate first?

First you should make your son to concentrate on his 11th standard and you should suggest him to get good marks in his 11th standard and when he was in his second year of intermediate(12th standard), you can send him to Engineering entrance exam coaching. So, that he will have good overall percentage in his intermediate, even if his percentage decreases in 12th standard due to engineering entrance exam preparation burden.
29th May 2015, 07:18 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I send my son to Kota for coaching of entrance exams for engineering or focus upon intermediate first?

As you are very much worrying about your son. As your son is presently pursuing class 10, let him pass his class 10 with a good percentage of marks. After choose the best stream in 10+2 in which he was interested. To get a good college in engineering one has to get a good rank in entrance examination. So, focus more on the 10+2 studies simultaneously concentrate in entrance exams. It is better to go for coaching at this time. As it is not necessary to send him for coaching at class 10. To crack a good rank one has to have a good basic and fundamental knowledge on class 11 and 12. So, give priority to intermediate also.
29th May 2015, 09:13 PM
savneybillford

You say that your son is currently appearing for 10th exam. So let him concentrate on clearing his 10th with good marks that will help him join a good college for 11th.
He is interested in engineering, then he will have to take up science in his 11th. So you want him to go to Kota for coaching. Try looking for a coaching centre near to where you stay. It will be a better option. If you still wish to send him to coaching in Kota then let him go during the vacations. That way he won't have to struggle in his intermediate.
30th May 2015, 06:49 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

If your son is interested to make career in engineering then it will be beneficial for him to send to kota right after 10th standard for better preparation.
At present, for better score in enginnering entrance exam , it is necessary to focus on competitive study as well as he must have complete focus on boards because without good scores in board, he will not be able to succeed in competitive examination.
The coaching institutes available in Kota focus equally on both boards as well as entramce examinations.
Some of the best coaching institutes available in Kota, Rajasthan are
-Bansal Classes
-Vibrant Academy
-Resonance Classes
-Motion Classes.
Tution fees for coaching instituons hangs around 2 lakhs to 2.5 lakhs.
31st May 2015, 10:29 PM
james hettfield
Member+

If you want to send your son to Kota, then I would like to tell you that it is famous only for the IIT JEE coaching and not for the intermediate level. If you want to prepare your son for the IIT, then you should definitely send him. But also, you have to tell him that he needs to put in extra efforts so that he can make a proper balance with his XII as well.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?