29th May 2015, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

Is it good to do 12th from school of open learning?

Is it good to do 12th with school of open learning? Means will i get proper percentage for engineering? or i have other option.?? Can someone please provide me your opinion and suggestion on this? Awaiting for the reply soon. Thank you!

30th May 2015, 12:30 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Is it good to do 12th from school of open learning?

No its not an good option if you wanna became an engineer because for get admission in any Engineering college you must need to clear the entrance test AIEEE / JEE (All India Engineering Entrance Exam / Joint Entrance Exam) conducted by Central Board of Secondary education so i suggests you continue your studies from CBSE Board

JEE is an national level test and in India each and every national level test follow CBSE syllabus and study pattern so its an better option to choose CBSE board. Open schools are recognized schools but not reputed board or school in india
30th May 2015, 10:44 AM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it good to do 12th from school of open learning?

If you want to complete your class 12th in cheap fee structure then also want to do your work simultaneously then open school is the best option for you, but if you want to go for engineering then it is advisable to complete your class 12th from regular school only as regular school degree has got more value then a open school degree certificate.
30th May 2015, 01:36 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

As every coins has two faces .Similarly the education from a open school has its own positive and negative effect .

First thing which I want to make you sure that the certificates from open schooling are recognized and have the same value as certificates of CBSE and ICSE boards .

The benefit of the open school learning is that you get extra time for the preparation of examinations related to your desired field as you are not going to the school regularly .Also open school board offers the high percentage of marks in the board examinations so you have the better chances to get in that field offering admission on the basis of board percentage .

The negative think about the same is that without the regular schooling you will not be completely associated with your board syllabus but this does not matters if you are determined to do well in your desired field .
30th May 2015, 08:47 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

It does not seems a.good idea to do 12th from open school if you wish to make your career in engineering sector as to get admission in engineering college students need to qualify entrance examinations which are very tough for students completing their boards from open school and non-attending schools and it makes a bit more easier for students who are through regular school system.
Since schools conducts test examinations regularly to check the potential of the students and help them to improve in the field they are weaker.
You can opt for admission in coaching institutes which will help you a lot in preparation for competitive examination.
31st May 2015, 11:26 PM
james hettfield
Member+

You can do 12th with open learning, there is no problem with that and you can even secure good marks with open learning provided that you study very well.
But there is also one problem with open schooling. You won’t be getting the exposure of a school, which I believe is necessary for every child. It helps you with studies along with it creates an environment which makes you think practical in life and this exposure is very helpful in making a quality.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?