28th July 2022, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

In which standard to admit my son while migrating from Gujarat to CBSE board?

My son borns on 2nd may 2009..he is in Gujarat board he will complete 1st std in april 2015. Now I want admission in CBSE board.So in which std he is eligible? 1st or 2nd? pls rply

28th July 2022, 03:10 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: In which standard to admit my son while migrating from Gujarat to CBSE board?

School age in india is different in each state, students usually finish primary school after Class 8 at the age of 12 or 13 years old. Students start secondary school in Class 9 at 13 to 14 years old.

You should admit your child in 9th Standard according to his age.
28th July 2022, 05:16 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which standard to admit my son while migrating from Gujarat to CBSE board?

Yes, you can admit your son from state board to CBSE board. But it will be only if you admit your son in class 7. As per CBSE norms of age criteria, candidates should be between 14 and 16 years of age at the time of class 10 exam.
28th July 2022, 07:27 PM
Msdhoni02

1. You can admit your child in second class or first class as well.

2, I would suggest you to enroll your child in second class, since they have done their first class already.

3. Board in such a small class has no significance.
29th July 2022, 12:37 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

If you have passed std 1st then eligible to get admission in std 2nd.

The age criteria varies with state as it is the Directorate of State Education which decides the age limit criteria for candidates from respective state.

For detail information about the admission visit the official website of school.
29th July 2022, 02:47 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

He is eligible to get admission in 2nd standard if he completed the 1st standard from any well recognized school of Gujarat State Board.
You need mark sheet of 1st standard with no pending backlog and a school leaving certificate/TC to apply for the admission in any school which is affiliated by CBSE.

Simply complete the 1st standard and visit the school in which you want to get admission and complete the admission formalities then after your son can continue 2nd standard studies.
29th July 2022, 05:44 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

In which standard to admit my son while migrating from Gujarat to CBSE board?

The candidate(your child) is eligible to get admission class second, since he or she has passed class first in Gujarat board. And changing the board does not mean you would have to repeat any class. The age of the candidate should be 6 to 8 years old.
30th July 2022, 01:47 PM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

As per your query , yes you can change your board after 11th from CBSE to STATE board . You just have to contact the school that you want to join and they will let you know the procedure . You may have to show up at the board's regional office and get some papers also
30th July 2022, 08:50 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You can take admission in class ahead of his previous class.

To get the admission in CBSE school after Gujarat board schools, you need to have Migration, Character, Marksheet and other documents at the time of admission.

The admission procedure varies with school. So, you can visit the official website for the detail information about it.
31st July 2022, 05:05 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

As per CBSC guidelines, the age of the student should be between 5 years to 6 years to get admission in class 1 and the age of the student should be between 6 years to 7 years to get admission in class 2.
31st July 2022, 08:25 PM
aryaanfreelancer
Senior Member++

According to CBSC regulations, students must be between the ages of 5 to 6 years old in order to enroll in class 1, and between the ages of 6 to 7 years old in order to enroll in class 2.

Refer to the below link for more information:-
https://www.cbse.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?