26th July 2019, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Steps to become an IAS Officer for a candidate with 44% in 12th Commerce J&K Board?

Respected Sir/Madam, I want to become an IAS Officer. I have scored 44% marks in my 12th Commerce J&K Board exam. Kindly let me know that what I have to do so that I can achieve my aim? Please let me know about the steps. Thank you!

29th July 2019, 05:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to become an IAS Officer for a candidate with 44% in 12th Commerce J&K Board?

You need to complete graduation to become eligible for IAS officer exam or Civil services exam. Just make sure you start preparing from now according to the UPSC syllabus for civil services exam. Selection will be purely based on the marks in the exam and interview conducted by UPSC.

Hence, make sure your all the attention is on the syllabus and exam patter of the exam along with your graduation. You just need a degree with pass marks to become eligible for the exam. Your class 10th and 12th percentage will not create any issues.
29th July 2019, 06:13 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to become an IAS Officer for a candidate with 44% in 12th Commerce J&K Board?

Being a Class 12th passed candidate, to become an IAS Officer, you are required to first pursue a bachelor's degree course as the minimum education required to become an IAS Officer is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized board of education.

After completion of your bachelor's degree, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination often known as IAS examination, to become an IAS officer.

Further, the Civil Services examination is held once every year by UPSC and for complete details regardingthe same examination, you can log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?