25th June 2018, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

Steps to become an Indian Army Officer for a candidate with 65% in 12th Commerce Uttarakhand Board student?

Respected Sir/Madam, I want to become an Indian Army Officer. I have scored 65% marks in my 12th Commerce Uttarakhand Board exam. Kindly let me know that what I have to do so that I can achieve my aim? Please let me know about the steps. Thank you!

30th June 2018, 12:36 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to become an Indian Army Officer for a candidate with 65% in 12th Commerce Uttarakhand Board student?

As you have mentioned that you want to become an Army officer, then there are two ways to achieve this. First one is through NDA but you are not eligible for this because of your commerce stream in 12th standard. And the second one is through direct recruitment in Indian Army. Every year Indian Army will release notification for recruitment.
30th June 2018, 01:57 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to become an Indian Army Officer for a candidate with 65% in 12th Commerce Uttarakhand Board student?

You are eligible to appear in NDA examination. NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination for recruitment in Indian Army and after qualifying in examination will become eligible for recruitment as an Lieutenant in Indian Army.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th June 2018, 04:50 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

As far as you are concerned about becoming an Indian Army officer being a class 12th passed candidate then I would like to let you know that for the same you need to join NDA (i.e; National Defence Academy ) by qualifying NDA entrance examination which is held twice every year by UPSC.

Apart from your education qualification, you need to be an unmarried Indian male with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years. Also, you must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirements.

For more details and updates regarding the NDA entrance examination you can log on to the linkwww.upsc.nic.in.
30th June 2018, 05:28 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NDA is National Defence Academy and examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

The examination is conducted for recruitment in Indian Army, Navy and Air Force as an officer.

Candidate passed 12th in Commerce stream are eligible for Indian Army.

The examination will be conducted in two stage :-

Written.

SSB.

After qualifying in both stages you will become eligible for final selection.
30th June 2018, 06:57 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Commerce stream candidates are eligible for recruitment Indian Army through NDA entry.

NDA is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year in two stages Written and SSB.

Only male, physically fit and unmarried candidates are eligible to appear.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th June 2018, 09:41 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a Class 12th passed candidate in commerce stream for becoming an Indian Army commissioned officer you need to clear NDA ( National Defense Academy ) entrance examination.

Further, NDA entrance examination is held by UPSC twice every year in two stages which includes Written test and the SSB interview respectively.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing NDA entrance examination are as here under :-

i) You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

ii) Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

iii) You must have completed your higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognised board of education.

iv) You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

Apart from NDA, you can become officer in Indian Army through CDS entrance examination but for that you need to first complete your graduation degree course.

For more details regarding NDA or CDS entrance examination, you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?