23rd August 2015, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should i select after scoring 6.4 CGPA in Class 11?

Which stream should i select after scoring 6.4 CGPA in Class 11?

23rd August 2015, 11:04 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which stream should i select after scoring 6.4 CGPA in Class 11?

As the CGPA is not so good, advise from my side will be not to take Science stream because this stream is very tough. The candidate should go for commerce stream which will help the candidate to do B.Com BCA etc, in future after completing 10+2.
If the candidate is a hard worker then he/she can opt Science stream because it needs lot of dedication. But to opt Commerce stream will be better.

All the best.
24th August 2015, 12:14 AM
sumitrahul76

It is very difficult to get admission in any school in 11 standard with only 6.4 CGPA in any stream.Basically it is impossible to get admission in science stream or commerce stream.
But you can try for admission in science or commerce stream, you may get admission in any school/college.
It is better to take admission in arts stream.
It may be possible that all the schools wouldn't allow you for admission with this score in 10th standard.
You should contact all the school/college offices to confirm admission.
24th August 2015, 12:32 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

6.4 CGPA in 10th standard is not a good score.
It seems impossible to take admission in 11th standard in science or commerce stream in any CBSE affiliated school with such low score in 10th.
It is better to choose arts stream instead of science or commerce as it will be easier to score good marks in arts easily instead of commerce or science.

Some schools may provide admission in 11th standard with such low score but it is difficult to find such schools.
You should try at once in the schools near by for admission with 6.4 CGPA .
24th August 2015, 10:15 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

You have to continue the same stream that you have studied in 11th class. Candidate can't change his/her stream in 12th class. If you want to change the stream you have to pursue it again in 11th class.
Candidate can study only that stream in 12th class that he studied in 11th class.
If you are going to change your stream then you have to study 11th class again with the new stream.
Selecting a stream is totally depend on your interest. If you are good in Biology then you should opt for Medical stream, if you are good in Mathematics and physics then you should go for Non-medical stream.
If you are good in Social Studies then you should opt for arts / humanities.
24th August 2015, 05:55 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Which stream should i select after scoring 6.4 CGPA in Class 11?

I would like to suggests you choose the stream according to your interests not on the basis of marks you got in 10th class. If you are interested in science then grab it or if you are interested in accounts and business then choose Commerce Stream or otherwise take arts if you are interested in arts , history and politics.
24th August 2015, 08:21 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

You can opt for any stream in which you are interested in 11th standard after securing 6.4 CGPA in your 10th standard. There are different streams in 11th standard such as Science, Arts and Commerce stream. Based upon your interest, you can opt any stream in which you are interested. I suggest you to opt the right course in your 11th standard because, selecting the course in 11th standard will be the basis for your higher studies.
24th August 2015, 08:32 PM
newmoon06

First of all CGPA is obtained in class 10th not in 11th. You can choose the stream in class 11th according to your capability and choice. As you have secured 60% marks in class 10th so, some school will allow you to take science stream and some are not.

If you are interested in technical fields , practical theories, medical etc then, you should opt science stream or if your are interested in banking, management, finance, marketing etc then, you may opt commerce stream or if you are interested in humanities then, you should opt arts stream.

You can do through science stream- B.Sci, B.Tech, B.Pharma, BDS, Fashion designing etc.
From commerce stream you can do- B.Com, BCA, BBA.
24th August 2015, 08:58 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

As 6.4 CGPA is a considerable percentage.

It entirely depends on one's own interest to choose their stream according to their goal and ambition.

There are basically 3 stream more popular in class 11 those are Arts, science and commerce streams.

If you are good and have interest in mathematics then opt for science stream. Otherwise go for arts or commerce stream.

As class 10 percentage will not be the minimum criteria for selection of the stream, if you are interested in any field go and opt for it.
24th August 2015, 09:33 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

According to my opinion, MPC is better for you to study in 11th standard. Because MPC has more opportunities after completing your higher secondary education. You have to choose the subject on which you are interested.
25th August 2015, 01:32 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

As you are currently in class 11, you have already opted for a particular stream, be its Science, Commerce or Arts. However, you cannot change your stream at this point of time, but if you do want to change your stream, you will then have to repeat class 11 again with the stream you wish to(obviously, if you are eligible for thet stream) and then continue with your studies further.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?